FS: 5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Caliper Adapters for E30! | Rear Big Brake Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TSI View Post
    This makes me wonder...how hard would it be to retrofit an E36/E46 handbrake assembly onto an E30?

On a more general basis, the rear adapters that you sell--do they require the use of an E30 M3, E36ti, Z3 or Z4 rear hub for proper fitment? I think I may be able to figure out a way of getting the E36M3 brakes on there.
    They are meant to be used with the E36ti rear trailing arms, ie hubs too.

Max.
    5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
    Leave feedback about my transactions!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
      They are meant to be used with the E36ti rear trailing arms, ie hubs too.

Max.
      Would you consider developing a set for the Z4 or E30 M3 hub? I'd be more than willing to contribute to its development. From my understanding, it would just require everything to be brought inboard by about 5mm.

Comment

Would you consider developing a set for the Z4 or E30 M3 hub? I'd be more than willing to contribute to its development. From my understanding, it would just require everything to be brought inboard by about 5mm.
        Let me try and understand this for myself, since i have not touched M3 or Z4 parts. The trailing arms are the same on all, the only difference is the hub/bearing, right? What should be done to fit the Z4 hub on E30 trailing arms? Does it need an adapter for the hub, or will it go straight in? As far as i understand the only difference is the caliper mounting place?

Max.
        sigpic

Comment

1. all e30 trailing arms are the same, the e36 ti trailing arms are the same as well.
          2. Late model e30 non-m, m3, z4 bearings are the same.
          3. Ti and early e30 bearings are the same.
          4. E30m3 or z4 hubs press into e30 trailing arms with no change. They match the output shafts on the e30 as well.

You are correct, the only difference is in the caliper mounting location. A bracket or adapter must be created.

E36m3 calipers fit into e36ti carriers, which fit into e30 trailing arms. This would be a good approach, except that the ti bracket does not have a big enough groove to accept the thicker e36m3 rotor, and the caliper ends up being too close radially to the hub. I also don't know if it would have enough offset to match the z4 hub.

The other possible approach is to use a e46 328i caliper and rotor, this is the solution for which 300.de has developed the 294-3 adapter. The two drawbacks are the loss of handbrake and the smaller rotor e46 328i is 294mm, e36m3 is 312mm.

Comment

FS: 5-lug Kit | REAR Adapters Available! | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for ...

Hi Max,
            Your kit has arrived, thanks a lot mate

This kit for the front end, and for rear I will use e46 325i 294x19mm caliper & rotor, and z4 hubs on e30 trailing arm
            This setup required 12mm spacers hub centric, to make same offset with front
            Actually, rear will be +2.5mm wider
            The rear brackets and spacers now still making on shop.. Made from 7071 aluminium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by ngampleh; 08-16-2014, 07:06 PM.
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ngampleh View Post
              Hi Max,

This kit for the front end, and for rear I will use e46 325i 294x19mm caliper & rotor, and z4 hubs on e30 trailing arm
              The rear brackets and spacers now still making on shop.. Made from 7071 aluminium

If possible, I'd like to buy the schematics for those rear brackets from you if they work out.

Comment

If possible, I'd like to buy the schematics for those rear brackets from you if they work out.
                Let me see my setup first... Better you pm me
                [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                Transaction Feedback

Comment

1. all e30 trailing arms are the same, the e36 ti trailing arms are the same as well.
                  2. Late model e30 non-m, m3, z4 bearings are the same.
                  3. Ti and early e30 bearings are the same.
                  4. E30m3 or z4 hubs press into e30 trailing arms with no change. They match the output shafts on the e30 as well.

You are correct, the only difference is in the caliper mounting location. A bracket or adapter must be created.

E36m3 calipers fit into e36ti carriers, which fit into e30 trailing arms. This would be a good approach, except that the ti bracket does not have a big enough groove to accept the thicker e36m3 rotor, and the caliper ends up being too close radially to the hub. I also don't know if it would have enough offset to match the z4 hub.

The other possible approach is to use a e46 328i caliper and rotor, this is the solution for which 300.de has developed the 294-3 adapter. The two drawbacks are the loss of handbrake and the smaller rotor e46 328i is 294mm, e36m3 is 312mm.
                  Sorry for the long reply, had some problems lately and didn't have a chance to reply.
                  OK, so i asked the manufacturer if we can have another adapter made, but unfortunately got a negative answer on that. Currently he does not want to introduce a new adapter. Also he said that it would not be popular here on Lithuania, since most of the adapters sold are used in sports, and you don't need a handbrake there. Sorry on that one.

Originally posted by ngampleh View Post
                  Hi Max,

Hey, glad you finally got it :)
                  Really interested on what you do with rear, keep us updated.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
                    Sorry for the long reply, had some problems lately and didn't have a chance to reply.
                    OK, so i asked the manufacturer if we can have another adapter made, but unfortunately got a negative answer on that. Currently he does not want to introduce a new adapter. Also he said that it would not be popular here on Lithuania, since most of the adapters sold are used in sports, and you don't need a handbrake there. Sorry on that one.
                    No worries, thanks for trying. ngampleh and I will see if we can figure one out.

Comment

Il be really interested in the result, so keep this thread updated :)
                      sigpic

Comment

Have PMd you mate, very interested in these.

Comment

Originally posted by Addo View Post
                          Have PMd you mate, very interested in these.
                          Replied :)
                          sigpic

Comment

Bump :)
                            sigpic

Comment

Bump.
                              sigpic

Comment

Are you still selling this kits?

Comment

Working...
                                X