Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadtrip from Washington to Washington for E30 Picnic

Hi guys,

Assuming I can get registered for the E30 Picnic, I'm planning to do a cross-country road trip from DC to the PNW for it this year.

I've been a car guy since forever, but recently got into E30s after I bought a 91 318is last October. Since then, I've been meeting a lot of E30 folks and it's always a good time.

I lived and worked in the Seattle area for the better part of 7 years but haven't been back for a long time. I'd like to go back there to see all my old friends, and make some new ones who share the E30 love.

I'd like to plan out a route and would like to know what towns I should visit? I've done the north route before from SEA to DC on a tight schedule, but this time have a more flexible schedule and can take the north/south/whatever route.

Where should I visit? Bonus if there are lots of E30 folks there who might be willing to do mini-meets at a local eatery along the way.

Thanks!
    Ryan Carag
    GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder available now at http://gearswitch.us

Your trip sounds fantastic! I have driven my E30's to the E30 Picnic three times from Chicago, twice solo, had a great time both driving and at the Picnic. When you pass through Chicago stop for pizza, my favorite is Ricobene's on 26th and Wentworth, pizza by the slice and open late! I enjoy the road trip experience!

Comment

Thanks for the pizza tip! Will you be driving out the picnic again this year?
      GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder available now at http://gearswitch.us

Comment

For sure coming out? Epic drive man! I am sure you will have a warm reception. There is always some fuss over those who travel from afar!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Working...
        X