First E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First E30

Hey everyone, I just purchased my first BMW and it's a 1989 325is, but it's an auto... I'm planning on letting my younger sister drive it for a year while I save up some money to do a manual swap. The transmission does shift very smoothly and the interior is pretty much flawless as you can see. It's got a couple rust spots, but nothing structural so I plan on pulling some fenders from a junkyard, cutting, and welding what I need and cleaning up the other rust spots. Every gauge and light works and a crack free dash! What do you guys think?

Last edited by brokecollegekid; 08-03-2016, 07:34 PM.

pics?

Sounds like a very nice car! However, your pictures do not work?
    jm

Comment

Must've done it wrong. Noobie mistake, they should work now

Comment

holy big pictures, batman!

Nice car to start with! Just a little rust fixing and it'll be very clean. And is that a crack-free dash? I can't tell from the picture, but if so, you got very lucky!

Comment

Yep! crack free dash. Hardest part now is letting my sister drive it while I save up to swap a manual into it.

Comment

Congrats and have fun with it!
            sigpic

Comment

Looks good bud!!!
              Welcome from a fellow Chicagoan.
              Chicago has a pretty good e30 scene.
              Check for some of the e30 FB pages.
              Don't forget to join the Windy City BMW CCA!!

Comment

Nice car it is very clean but one thing i do notice is you have comfort seats instead of the is seats. Is it a true is? But then "is"s never came 4 door so it might have a trunk from an is for just the spoiler Matter a fact the bumpers dont really match either bcause in 88 the metal/late tail lights came and 89 was the first year for plastic bumpers at least thats what i know of. What you could be in possession of is a 88 325 no e i is or anything a 325 which means its a super eta and those are rare/cool and really good for boost

1989 E30 325i Sedan Alpine

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
                  Nice car it is very clean but one thing i do notice is you have comfort seats instead of the is seats. Is it a true is? But then "is"s never came 4 door so it might have a trunk from an is for just the spoiler Matter a fact the bumpers dont really match either bcause in 88 the metal/late tail lights came and 89 was the first year for plastic bumpers at least thats what i know of. What you could be in possession of is a 88 325 no e i is or anything a 325 which means its a super eta and those are rare/cool and really good for boost

I looked it up on the BMW vin decoder and the option for the LSD was included so it is a legit IS. The sports seats just weren't added as an option.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brokecollegekid View Post
                    I looked it up on the BMW vin decoder and the option for the LSD was included so it is a legit IS. The sports seats just weren't added as an option.
                    Where do guys do this? But super cool

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
                      Where do guys do this? But super cool

Here's the link to the website. Just gotta type in the last 7 digits of your VIN

Comment

how old is your sister. i would never let a sibling drive my car in fear theyd crash clean car though

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You could option a lsd for any e30 car. That is not an IS. They only made the IS in 2-door.

Comment

thats awesome. I never knew this vin decoder existed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              how old is your sister. i would never let a sibling drive my car in fear theyd crash clean car though
                              She's going into her first year of college, but I'm not super worried because you can't really screw around too much in an automatic. It does slide but you really gotta mash the gas pedal and if it snows she won't be driving it.

Originally posted by Polaris15 View Post
                              You could option a lsd for any e30 car. That is not an IS. They only made the IS in 2-door.
                              Really? I always thought that the LSD option is what made a car an IS. One of my friends has an 88 325i and his has an open diff but mine is an IS and has the LSD option.

Comment

Working...
                              X