$600 E34 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$600 E34 Thread

So i recently came across this car on Craigslist and couldnt resist its asking price of $800. The body looked clean and straight, much straighter than my hail damaged E30. Even if the engine was bad it would still be a deal due to the price.

I go look at the car and of course the battery is dead, its was currently in possession of a dealership owned by a family in the local suburb that didnt really know much about BMW's or cars in general. The ad stated the power steering was out and that there may be a few other issues, this is what i found when we jumped the vehicle.

The power steering works, they said they dropped it off at a shop for the day and they were able to fix it for free. Mind you this car could have been just low on fluid based on the dealer guys car knowledge. I drive the car around the parking lot and once im done i check the coolant and oil to see if theyre mixed. They arent. So im wondering if this is some sort of scam at this point. The car runs fine.

The next day i talk the guy down to $600 as im skeptical. He agrees and says he has to tow it to my house due to it being a non runner. I agree even though i originally had planned to just take the car as soon as the paper work was signed. The deal was made and it got so late in the night i didnt have time to take the car, it was parked at a local Kwik Kar, not the dealership. The next day I wake up to a call from the guy saying hes ready to move the car. I get to where the car was and he's already there ready to load up. I give him the key, we load up, and we are on our way. This is what I purchased. These pics were taken the day before i bought it.

Update coming soon...
    Originally posted by Lof8
    Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

I would have bought that too, I have spent more on dinner, well worth it!
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

How many miles? Overall, not bad for $600, I'd say. Quite jealous of what appears to be a rust-free chassis. My '91 is headed to the crusher come summer - not worth fixing any more after so many Cleveland winters. At least it'll make a nice donor for the manual swap into my Touring!
      -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
      '95 525iT
      '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
      '98 Disco 1

Comment

great deal for a nice starting point

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

For $600 it looks pretty decent. Post up some daytime pics and details!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
            How many miles? Overall, not bad for $600, I'd say. Quite jealous of what appears to be a rust-free chassis. My '91 is headed to the crusher come summer - not worth fixing any more after so many Cleveland winters. At least it'll make a nice donor for the manual swap into my Touring!
            186k. there is no rust, car has been in Dallas its entire life according to the Carfax. 4 previous owners. no wrecks.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            For $600 it looks pretty decent. Post up some daytime pics and details!
            So the first issue that came up was after running for a while she will overheat. I also noticed the heater didnt work. After letting it get to the 3/4 mark i noticed the upper radiator hose was hot while the lower hose was still pretty cold, really cold actually. I was extremely excited to see the lower hose was cold.

I purchased a thermostat, added nearly 2 gallons of coolant and drove the vehicle. Runs like a champ. I love this car, temp gauge hasnt moved past the half mark ever since. I was prepared to do a complete cooling system overhaul so im glad i found this to be the only issue. Next up is the valve cover gasket. Also, can anyone tell me where this hose connects?

Obviously the pcv or whatever its called needs to be replaced as well. Im not sure what that hose does and the car runs very smooth for it to be missing. but anyways, here are some daytime pictures.

Originally posted by Lof8
            Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

My first e34 was $800, looking good so far. Hope yours treats me as well as mine did!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
              Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

good deal, looks like a pretty solid car. i payed more than that for a non-running pile of shit e34. now, spend the $2000 you saved on an s52 swap.

Comment

Nice score. In really great shape.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                  X