Want 4.10 or 3.73 e30 LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want 4.10 or 3.73 e30 LSD

I did an m50 swap in my 318i vert with a g260 eta transmission. Needless to say the 4.27 LSD thats currently in it is extremely short. I would prefer a 3.73 but will take 4.10 as well. I would also be interested in straight up trading my 4.27 for yours (120k miles, fully functional) I am located in Pittsburgh. Let me know what you guys have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 3.73 lsd but the 4.27 in the 318 vert is a open diff if its original

Comment

Originally posted by E30M3E34M5GMBH View Post
      I have a 3.73 lsd but the 4.27 in the 318 vert is a open diff if its original

Hmm. Its definitely an lsd and original to the car.. What else could it be? The tag is completely corroded

Comment

Lsd id ...

Grab the flanges and try to twist them. Look for a white painted "S" on the top of the case. Take the tag and put it in some "Coke", Pepsi or some such, even Catsup or orange juice, a weak acid for an hour. Look for an "S" on the tag.

No luck? Take the cover off and visually inspect for the LSD unit. Don't assume that you have one. The small case LSD is valuable in the 4.27 ratio. It is extremely rare and in high demand.

Comment

Originally posted by europartsmonger View Post
          Grab the flanges and try to twist them. Look for a white painted "S" on the top of the case. Take the tag and put it in some "Coke", Pepsi or some such, even Catsup or orange juice, a weak acid for an hour. Look for an "S" on the tag.

No luck? Take the cover off and visually inspect for the LSD unit. Don't assume that you have one. The small case LSD is valuable in the 4.27 ratio. It is extremely rare and in high demand.

I know for a fact it's an LSD. Done a few burnouts haha. Will try to read tag better like you suggested though. All i know is that its shorter than a 4.10 for sure. Saying this from experience

Comment

Originally posted by europartsmonger View Post

Comment

I have a 4.10 small case lsd for sale

Comment

Working...
              X