Possible MZ3 finned diff cover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 plus dollars for some fins you can make yourself lol

You guys should all team up and donate to cancer research or save a child.com

Personally if I really raced my car really hard I"d get something thats really functional like a universal diff oil cooler with 12v oil pump, for half that.

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post

Personally if I really raced my car really hard I"d get something thats really functional like a universal diff oil cooler with 12v oil pump, for half that.
      First good luck making one yourself.

Secondly it does work, as good as a active cooler? No but it does it job and it's a simple bolt on. Also guys who run spec aren't allowed to use a active cooler. This is better then stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post

If you really raced an e30 then the rules probably do not allow a diff cooler

If you really raced your e30 then you would know the importance if saving weight. Finned cover weighs significantly less than non finned cover + oil lines + steel oil cooler + oil pump + extra oil.
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

hey do any of you track guys have problems with this diff cover when riding the berms? Saw one of these on a vert driving on the freeway the other day, looks kinda low.
          sigpic

Comment

I bottomed out mine somewhere... Not sure if it was during a drift event when I dropped a tire or driving home.

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
              I bottomed out mine somewhere... Not sure if it was during a drift event when I dropped a tire or driving home.

Any major damage done?

Comment

Nope just some scraping.

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                  hey do any of you track guys have problems with this diff cover when riding the berms? Saw one of these on a vert driving on the freeway the other day, looks kinda low.
                  Jump passed on prolly every corner possible at both thunderhill and infineon with it in the Lemons e30

; not a single scratch on the bottom of ours....700lbs rear springs dont compress very much:P
                  Last edited by Wanganstyle; 05-15-2013, 10:14 PM.
                  OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                    Jump passed on prolly every corner possible at both thunderhill and infineon with it in the Lemons e30

; not a single scratch on the bottom of ours....700lbs rear springs dont compress very much:P
                    thanks Wanganstyle, I should have no problem then!

When are you heading out to another trackday?!?! Let me know!
                    sigpic

Comment

thanks Wanganstyle, I should have no problem then!

When are you heading out to another trackday?!?! Let me know!
                      Goal is to win button willow end of june :)

Ill be taking my street 36 to practice; you have any days planned at Buttonwillow? Id love to join and perhaps some friends/team mates would also

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                        Goal is to win button willow end of june :)

Ill be taking my street 36 to practice; you have any days planned at Buttonwillow? Id love to join and perhaps some friends/team mates would also

Just came back from a test n tune at buttonwillow two weeks ago – WAY TO HOT. I'm going to try and pass through summer without tracktime, unless there are a bunch of E30 guys going to a trackday anytime soon.

There's a private trackday up in thunderhill around end of June with citytech, they have a bmw challenge or something like that. Sounds tempting, but I'm going to be in socal then - you should go. I will most likely head to buttonwillow again when's it's cooler to improve laptimes, but for now I'll be visiting those socal tracks as I'm moving back to LA. I'm itching to get back to thunderhill, great track! PM me if you do any trackdays, I may join you!
                        sigpic

Comment

Just came back from a test n tune at buttonwillow two weeks ago – WAY TO HOT. I'm going to try and pass through summer without tracktime, unless there are a bunch of E30 guys going to a trackday anytime soon.

There's a private trackday up in thunderhill around end of June with citytech, they have a bmw challenge or something like that. Sounds tempting, but I'm going to be in socal then - you should go. I will most likely head to buttonwillow again when's it's cooler to improve laptimes, but for now I'll be visiting those socal tracks as I'm moving back to LA. I'm itching to get back to thunderhill, great track! PM me if you do any trackdays, I may join you!
                          Yes patricks bmw and miata challenge is tempting; my street car would get 0 points in the game also. Ill likely go to that day.

A couple friends went to that bwillow day a few weeks ago! Was too hot for me though! !

Comment

Working...
                          X