Premium Sound upgrade kit feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
    According to RealOEM, they used them in e32s, e34s, e36s and Z3s.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?part=65138370936
    In some of those they were only used in the optional hands free phone kit.
    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Interested sir! Thanks.

1) NRubenstein (1 pair)
      2) Rmlr (1 pair)
      3) FL318is
      4)
      5)
      6)
      7)

9)
      10)

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
        In some of those they were only used in the optional hands free phone kit.
        You guys searched the wrong speaker.

We want the right (passenger) side, the part number is different.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

From what I found, that part number is an early model e34 speaker. Are you sure that part number is correct? I don't see a different part number for left and right. What is the difference?

Comment

This is just a guess....

Could it be that the driver's side is different due to a particular car having the phone package installed? I think it was mentioned in this thread that the driver's side speaker had a dual-voice coil and the passenger's side speaker does not. The left speaker may be wired into both the stereo and the phone system for the speakerphone since it's the closest to the driver.
            -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
            '95 525iT
            '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
            '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              You guys searched the wrong speaker.

We want the right (passenger) side, the part number is different.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref....+935&showus=on

Some of those were European market models.
              Last edited by phenryiv1; 05-02-2014, 08:07 AM.
              Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                This is just a guess....

Could it be that the driver's side is different due to a particular car having the phone package installed? I think it was mentioned in this thread that the driver's side speaker had a dual-voice coil and the passenger's side speaker does not. The left speaker may be wired into both the stereo and the phone system for the speakerphone since it's the closest to the driver.
                Exactly that, the drivers side has a useless second voice coil. I am sure the difference is meaningless, but the single voice coil will be lighter and not be dragging a coil through the magnetic field slowing things down.

I will get some pics up today showing the differences.

Thanks!
                Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Sign me up good sir!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    I thought we did! These are $30 or so a pair, are far higher quality than Polk, JL, Focal, or whatever typical aftermarket units units, fit our cars perfectly, are extremely well documented, are a true silk soft dome and kick the shit out of most anything that isn't megabucks stuff.

I am also very excited that this tweeter has an actual heat sink, so for extended high volume listening, it should remain more stable. From what I have seen, this is an awesome tweeter. I won't recommend it until we have had some serious listening time and get to do some measurements, but so far, it looks a winner.

FYI: These are currently on sale for $9.90 each.
                    Patrick Henry

Comment

Luke-

Put me on the introductory order list, if I am not already on there.
                      Patrick Henry

Comment

1) NRubenstein (1 pair)
                        2) Rmlr (1 pair)
                        3) FL318is
                        4)Mveraguas
                        5)Phenryiv1
                        6)
                        7)
                        eight
                        9)
                        10)
                        Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 05-09-2014, 08:07 AM.

Closing SOON!

Comment

So do the Dayton tweeters discussed in this thread fit in the OEM Premium tweeter sail panels? If so, I might as well order them while they are on sale.
                          Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                            So do the Dayton tweeters discussed in this thread fit in the OEM Premium tweeter sail panels? If so, I might as well order them while they are on sale.
                            Using calipers, yes.

Actual experience? none yet.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I just ordered the dayton audio tweeters which should be arriving today. I will have a go at it this weekend. Just hope that I dont break anything while prying the old tweeters out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rmlr View Post
                                I just ordered the dayton audio tweeters which should be arriving today. I will have a go at it this weekend. Just hope that I dont break anything while prying the old tweeters out.
                                Nah, its no worries getting them out.

Slide a small-ish flat blade screwdriver betweent he plastic and the magnet and give a little twist, sort of prying the tweeter outward. You may hear a little "crack" on the first twist, but you should hear it on the second for sure.

Do this little twist 3 or 4 times around the outside, it will pop right out.

Remember all you are doing is cracking 20 year old glue loose, it's really easy.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X