E36 M3 Rear 5 Lug Method??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 M3 Rear 5 Lug Method??

Building an 88 325is Track Only car - no street usage - no need for e-brake.

I can't seem to find from searching of an adaptor or prescription to merge the following:

* 88 E30 Non-M Trailing Arms
    * E36 M3 Rear Calipers
    * E36 M3 Rotors
    * ?? Adaptor ??
    * ?? which hub to use - Z3/6, Z4 ??

I happen to have E36 M3 Spindles/Brakes for the front and E36 M3 Rears, and this is common with my other track car - so that's my reason for this set-up desire.

Any insight/input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
    Nitin G. Shanbhag
    BMWCCA #101510
    76 2002, 88 M3 Racecar, 88 M3 2.5, 95 M3 Slicktop, 96 E36 Trackbeater , 97 M3/4 Slicktop

I can give you some some insight from my swap. The guys over at 300mm.de offer an adapter that uses the e36 M3 rear caliper in combination with a Z4 rotor. With this setup you retain the proper braking ratio and gain a vented rotor.

Uses:
    -Ti or E30 trailing arms
    -Ti Hub
    -Ti e-brake hardware (or Z4 if you replace the dust shield)
    -Z4 3.0si rotors
    -E36 M3 caliper

More info can be found here: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=182

Comment

Thanks a bunch for your response, but it seems the adaptor is for Ti trailing arms - i.e. with the smaller bearing. I'm trying to retain usage of my E30 325 trailing arms and hopefully find a way to have the big rotors...although at this point I might compromise that point.....still hunting
      Nitin G. Shanbhag
      BMWCCA #101510
      76 2002, 88 M3 Racecar, 88 M3 2.5, 95 M3 Slicktop, 96 E36 Trackbeater , 97 M3/4 Slicktop

Comment

Any more input on this? I like what I'm seeing.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

wow, those 2 brackets and bolts are 178 euro!?
          2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
          1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
          1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Does anyone else make them?
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I have a set that I'm inquiring about getting machined. I modified the design so that you don't have to run washers under the caliper to space it correctly. Hopefully should be priced around the $150 range.

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
                I have a set that I'm inquiring about getting machined. I modified the design so that you don't have to run washers under the caliper to space it correctly. Hopefully should be priced around the $150 range.
                Price is quite reasonable.

Is it going to work on E30 Non-M trailing arms?
                Will the config retain usage of E36 M3 Rear Rotor?

thx,
                Nitin G. Shanbhag
                BMWCCA #101510

Comment

Originally posted by AirDoc View Post
                  Price is quite reasonable.

Is it going to work on E30 Non-M trailing arms?
                  Will the config retain usage of E36 M3 Rear Rotor?

thx,
                  Yup it's designed for non-M trailing arms (so 318ti/E30). It uses a Z4 rotor that's 294mm and vented. Works with the stock 318ti parking brake setup. I'll have two versions. One for use with the E36 M3 rear caliper and one for a 540i rear caliper.

Comment

Colour me interested! You'll just keep this thread updated?

Comment

I can

Comment

Is there an update on this of any kind? I am very interested. Would be a nice cheat to get my back brakes to be beefier without having to go full Z3-M!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

I can give you some some insight from my swap. The guys over at 300mm.de offer an adapter that uses the e36 M3 rear caliper in combination with a Z4 rotor. With this setup you retain the proper braking ratio and gain a vented rotor.

Uses:
                          -Ti or E30 trailing arms
                          -Ti Hub
                          -Ti e-brake hardware (or Z4 if you replace the dust shield)
                          -Z4 3.0si rotors
                          -E36 M3 caliper

More info can be found here: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=182
                          Where is the NSFW warning for this picture?!?

Also interested in the brackets too!
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Yup it's designed for non-M trailing arms (so 318ti/E30). It uses a Z4 rotor that's 294mm and vented. Works with the stock 318ti parking brake setup. I'll have two versions. One for use with the E36 M3 rear caliper and one for a 540i rear caliper.
                            This is till the same as the 300.de setup though? The 318ti uses the small wheel bearing.

I'm looking into doing e30 325 arms and wheel bearings, Z4 hubs and rotors, and e36M3 calipers. Having a engineering friend build the brackets for it when I get the parts, I'll have a few sets machined if it's not a huge pain and sell that for a little bit more than cost.

I guess if people wanted to do a pre-order kinda thing, I could get a quicker start on them. I just planned on doing them a little bit from now, because I'm caging the car currently.
                            WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
                            MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

Still interested if this ends up happening.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X