Headlights turn on with ignition and instrument cluster half dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights turn on with ignition and instrument cluster half dead

I am having some strange issues after swapping an M20B25 into my e30 touring

Main issue is that it keeps blowing fuse 12, and once it's blown the instrument cluster stops working except for the rpm and speedo, and when it's blown the headlights will turn on and stay on and can't be controller with the headlight switch.

It is very strange, and happened almost right after the engine install.

I have tried replacing clusters and the headlight switch with no change. When it IS working briefly, none of the interior lights will work with the headlights on either including the cluster lights. The clock by the radio will turn its light off as soon as park or headlights are turned on.

Has anyone experienced this issue before or any leads on where to look? I also have some sort of parasitic drain occuring which is draining my battery very quickly after driving it will be discharged enough to fail to turn over within an hour, so I figure I have some sort of short out somewhere. The drain was an issue before the engine swap, however the cluster and headlights issue is new
Working...
X