Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is happiness a clear check panel?

I wouldn't know :)

I've been replacing various sensors and senders in an effort to clear my check panel and I'm down to one problem light (which also happens to be the one I want working the most) the oil level light.

The old oil level sender was bad according to the continuity tests layed out in the Bentley manual so I bought a brand new Hella oil level sender and installed it with no success.

I suspect the wiring may be corroded inside the housings and I'm not getting the proper voltage or something. I performed the continuity test on the new sender just to make sure I didn't get a bad unit and it checks out.

Anyone else had similar issues? I assume there is nothing about synthetic motor oil that would preclude these senders from working right?

Maybe your oil is low?

just kidding, I have the same issue with my 535is, but haven't replaced the oil level sending unit yet.
    p.s. for what it's worth, I hate having lingering lights on my check control.
    Slicktop City!

Comment

Yes - this is happiness...

I finally got my Brake Light check light to go out, and all my dash lights are now also clear, including the service indicator!
      Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
        I want to experience happiness as well dammit!

Man, I know I am going to end up spending an entire day unwrapping wire looms and poking around with a multimeter trying to resolve my check panel OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
          I agree.
          When I bought my car, the oil level light would stay on. It took me over a year to get around to replacing it. Now, it's pure happiness.

-Erik

Comment

Working...
          X