Crazy Turn signal Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Turn signal Need Help

I put on my right turn signal and it blinks really fast. I check all of the lights on the right side of the car expecting one of them to be out. None of them are out. Both headlights, the foglight, front and rear turn signals and parking lights all work, and the brake lights work great too. What could possibly be causing this?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

its a ground problem e30's had with the front bumber, i can't exactly remeber where or what you had to do...could someone else sum this up for me???

-cam
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

It means your electrical syst is about to have a melt-down.
      ________
      FREE BEST BUY GIFT CARDS
      Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 04:20 PM.
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

j/k check your fuses.
        ________
        JAILBROKEN
        Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 04:20 PM.
        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Which fuse would be out? All of the lights in the car work fine. Just the right turn signals both blink really fast.

As far as the grounding goes, would it be behind the signal housing somewhere?

Comment

My turnsignals went completely out about two months ago and I checked the bulbs, replaced fuses and still blinky no worky. So I opened up the steering column and inside there is a small black box about 1" x 1" that connects to the blinker lever itself. Mine was burned out, so I replaced it and they work perfectly now. You might want to check that to see if somepart of it is out which might cause the sparatic blinking. It's worth a shot, its only 10 bucks to replace it.

-Gary
            Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

I fixed it this morning, the plug behind the bumper was only half on. I'm assuming it wasn't grounded properly. It works great now.

Comment

Working...
              X