Cheapo (relatively speaking) 318is Cold Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayz
    nothing. if youre not running piping, it fits fine. the filter im using has a bigger diameter than that one above, and it fits snugly next to all the CC components.
    I have no piping, and I think my filter is bigger. Mine fits nice and snug, but I don't really have much options for a heatshield because there's way too much stuff in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
      Oh yeah, the cruise control blocks it...

What did you do with your cruise control stuff to make the filter fit?
      Nothing, my car did not come with cruise control. When I was looking for a semi dedicated track car I looked at vehicles that had bare bones amenities.

My car does not have the following:
      Cruise Control
      A/C
      Trunk Lining
      Full function OBC

When I picked the car up in Minnesota, the car didnt even have (but were supplied) a glovebox or rear center console, or radio installed. Since i drive this car to track events, storage and entertainment are a must so I re-installed the missing but supplied parts.

I wish I had manual windows

Comment

back from the dead!

but is this the correct adaptor?

BEERTECH

Comment

nice setup man. looks almost like mine :)

Comment

No M42's came with Cruise AFAIK. Nice Tiato, good going, and good to mention heatshield up front, even though some people apparently didn't read that part, or see your coolant reservoir in the pic, right there next to the radiator.

Comment

Heh, my car didnt come with cruise OR ABS. I dunno why the origional buy opted out of cruise control, but oh well, i dont see a need for me to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                back from the dead!

but is this the correct adaptor?

Yup.

Comment

Does any one know if you can get piping like that at home depot or some place? What about abs plastic and elbow joints?
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Rob wanna make 2 and sell me one? 8)

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                      Does any one know if you can get piping like that at home depot or some place? What about abs plastic and elbow joints?
                      Yeah, go with some metal though. Better heat protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                        Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                        Yeah, go with some metal though. Better heat protection.
                        Do you mean protection from melting or protection from heat getting to the intake air? Metal is a good conductor and has better convection characteristics than polymers so I would prefer not metal. Look at what is there stock, there is a reason it's not metal!

Comment

Working...
                        X