Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stand-alone engine harness in a 325is (for engine swap)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand-alone engine harness in a 325is (for engine swap)?

The motor I plan to swap into my 1987 325is will use a totally seperate engine harness. The stand-alone harness includes a check engine light, diagnostic connector, fuel pump relay, wires for a computer controlled cooling fan relay, and labeled wires for easy hookup to the battery, ignition switch, and fuel pump. Wires are also included for tach, speed, oil pressure, water temperature, etc. for hookup to aftermarket Auto-Meter gauges. This harness will not be tied into the factory fuse box,etc. I plan to totally remove the factory engine harness and ECU.

My only concern is will I loose my speedometer and other interior accesories? I will connect the new harness to the factory tach using a Dakota Digital box to get an accurate reading, so I'm not worried about that. The speedometer and other items are my only concern.

Has anyone done something similar?

The speedo reads off the rear diff, So I believe it will still work with out the Engine harness conected. You'll need to make some sort of harness for the starter as it's controlled by the stock ECu threw the Engien harness.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Thanks for the info! The new harness comes with a wire that goes to the starter solenoid and a wire that connects to the ignition switch, so that is taken care of.

Jason

Comment

Freaking nice Trans Am man.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
        X