Originally posted by abit View Post
    ok ok :D

but in reality... is some diference there or not
    I just don't want to buy overpriced manifold :D
    It's the same thing.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      That cxr or whatever it is is ultra crap.

This is probably what you're looking for.
      A revshift adapter is going to be the best though.

tcd you need an on center turbine housing.
      Why do you need a on center turbine housing? with the tcd manifold.

329i

Comment

Originally posted by jules325i View Post
        Why do you need a on center turbine housing? with the tcd manifold.
        Probably because of clearance to the head, on center would move the center axis of the turbo closer to the fender
        2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Hey Guys,

Sorry to be such a noob, but I am looking into my first turbo build ever (from know almost next to nothing..) and am currently trying to pull together a parts list. Really want to go with the good quality of everything I can get. The jg technik manifold I have seen looks like its pretty well done, and have messages them, however their website seems to be no longer up?

Also, curious as to what I am looking at in the pic. Does this manifold have two wastegate provisions? If so, what would be the benefit to that?
          Attached Files
          2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
          2002 M5
          '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

Originally posted by boogle2 View Post
            Hey Guys,

Sorry to be such a noob, but I am looking into my first turbo build ever (from know almost next to nothing..) and am currently trying to pull together a parts list. Really want to go with the good quality of everything I can get. The jg technik manifold I have seen looks like its pretty well done, and have messages them, however their website seems to be no longer up?

Also, curious as to what I am looking at in the pic. Does this manifold have two wastegate provisions? If so, what would be the benefit to that?
            Twin scroll. Divided manifold = 2 wastegates.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response. I feel ashamed for not having thought about that haha...
              2002 M5

Comment

instead of asking a bunch of questions spend some time reading
                i read a book that was really helpful with learning all kinds of stuff about going turbo
                it was called Maximum boost
                IG- nv_e30

Comment

Hey Guys,

And not to scare you off but if you say you want to go with good parts...depending on your hp goals I'd safely recommend you pigeonhole a good $6k. Boosting a car goes well beyond part you slap on the motor. you need to think about everything behind the motor, what will run the motor and tuning. Don't let ebay numbers fool you, proper turbo setup is not cheap.
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by gotaloveRWD View Post
                    instead of asking a bunch of questions spend some time reading
                    i read a book that was really helpful with learning all kinds of stuff about going turbo
                    it was called Maximum boost
                    http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-.../dp/0837601606
                    Haha, first post on this board and I'm already in trouble...

But fair enough. Looks like a good text. I'll have to go through it.

I have done an incredible amount of reading in the last 4 months, and will continue. I am much further ahead than I was prior to.

And I am not too worried about cost. $6k in my eyes is worth it to spend up front on a reliable machine.
                    2002 M5

Comment

I have done an incredible amount of reading in the last 4 months, and will continue. I am much further ahead than I was prior to.

And I am not too worried about cost. $6k in my eyes is worth it to spend up front on a reliable machine.
                      Than you should be ok. You see to many times people popping on here asking how to turbo and that they have a $1500 budget.
                      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Sounds like you'll be just fine then. Forgive us, most of us are used to dealing with the lowest common denominator.
                        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                        X