Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying used Koni SA, what to look out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying used Koni SA, what to look out for?

I'm about to buy some used Koni Yellows from a local guy, anything to look out for? Any giveaway problems?

When you push the rod on the shock down and it doesnt go back up, just walk away. :D
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Make sure they don't leak.

If they have the adjuster on the TOP they are GAS shocks, if you have to compress them and turn to adjust they are oil.

The rear oil shocks will compress ON THEIR OWN! They have almost 0 compression, most of the shock work is in rebound control.

Comment

I'm expecting them to be the most popular, so I'm guessing the fronts will have the top adjuster meaning they are gas, and the rears will be the twist type so they are oil. Do front oil models exist? Should they all (fronts) have the top knob? Approximately how hard would it be to compress a new front one on full soft?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
          I'm expecting them to be the most popular, so I'm guessing the fronts will have the top adjuster meaning they are gas, and the rears will be the twist type so they are oil. Do front oil models exist? Should they all (fronts) have the top knob? Approximately how hard would it be to compress a new front one on full soft?
          They make oil and gas F/R's But usually there gas front and oil rear.

Don't worry to much about compression, just make sure they rebound in the front.

Comment

Working...
          X