M42 engine ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 engine ?

Well I fixed the lower oil pan today, but I'm still getting a leak. Unfortunately I got a hairline crack where the back of the lower oilpan bolts to whatever it is bolted too. My question is to whether or not this is the upper oil pan, or I managed to crack the block. I am hoping it is the first option as I would hate to have to pull the engine.

Bump
    Someone here has got to know the answer to this. A fast reply would help me out greatly as I wanna do this after work tonight if possible.

Comment

the lower bolts to the upper oil pan.

it sounds like you're getting a leak between the lower and upper. The upper pan is a PITA to change because you don't have much room between the upper and the block. You either have to raise the motor a little bit or drop the front subframe, or both. That will give you just enough room to clean off the old gasket and put on the new one.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Just the info I needed. I'll try to raise the engine and see if I can get to it. If I do have to drop the front subframe I will post another question as I have no idea where to even begin with that.

Comment

Working...
        X