No announcement yet.

Bucking / No Throttle after 1500 RPM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have 173 DME and have pulled the codes in the past so yes it is strange for my car. Still waiting on my part but so far so good, no issues driving with TPS unplugged (only necessary driving).

Comment

Looks and sounds similar to an issues i was having. Throttle Position Switch seemed to help, I also swapped throttle cable and all the grommets at the same time and cleaned the ICV. the cable and grommets did make a world of difference with engine response. I don't think the crank position sensor would give you these symptoms.

Comment

I installed my new TPS (damn m20 engines having it on tbe bottom is such a pain) but now I'm idling at 2k rpm. I know this is just a poorly installed TPS but I had a concern...

When adjusting the tps, do I tighten it ON the click for closed throttle? I was informed to have it set just before the click but am unsure based on some searching. I know most everyone says to test it with a multimeter but having this thing on the bottom of the throtttle body is tough to hold the tps, throttle and the multimeter
        Anyone have any suggestions that don't involve having to remove the throttle body entirely?

Comment

AFM if everything else in your list is good and properly working
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

So I have had the car on the road for 3 days and after swapping and properly calibrating the TPS and cleaning the throttle body and ICV the car runs incredible. I should have listened to my gut (and the collective internet) and looked into the TPS earlier. There is a chance that my original issue in my first post was a combination of problems due to the symptoms changing a few times but either way problem solved......for now.

Thanks to everyone who hooked it up with the knowledge. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ray$ View Post
              I installed my new TPS (damn m20 engines having it on tbe bottom is such a pain) but now I'm idling at 2k rpm. I know this is just a poorly installed TPS but I had a concern...

When adjusting the tps, do I tighten it ON the click for closed throttle? I was informed to have it set just before the click but am unsure based on some searching. I know most everyone says to test it with a multimeter but having this thing on the bottom of the throtttle body is tough to hold the tps, throttle and the multimeter
              Anyone have any suggestions that don't involve having to remove the throttle body entirely?
              You can adjust it on the car with the boot removed and the right screw driver.

The click should be just off idle. You can put your meter in beep mode. Center contact and idle contact should beep until you step on the pedal a bit. Center and the other outside contact should beep near full throttle.

Comment

Just a quick update for anyone having this issue.

After more than a week of having the TPS swapped out and driving hard to try and instigate the issue, nothing. Seems to me that the issue did revolve around the throttle position but keep in mind that there may have been multiple issues that I rectified all at once with all of the parts I had been swapping in. Hopefully this info helps someone out there with this type of problem.

Comment

Working...
                X