Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharger

Hey guys. I'm planning to buy a 1991 325is and I was wonderin if there is anyway I can install a supercharger on it. Thanks guys

there's always a way...
    Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
    '99 M3 / Track Car
    '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
    '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

yep and it isnt cheap

Comment

supercharging such a small motor seems wasteful. Implementing a turbocharger may be more difficult...but efficiency wise...you will get way more hp. Look at supercharged mini coopers and g60 corrados. they don't put out too much power out of those1.6/1.8L motors.

I've seen a few pretty cool 318 turbo projects...it looks like a fun motor to turbo....if it's the M10. the M42's look pretty cramped...but doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming_bmwe30
          supercharging such a small motor seems wasteful. Implementing a turbocharger may be more difficult...but efficiency wise...you will get way more hp. Look at supercharged mini coopers and g60 corrados. they don't put out too much power out of those1.6/1.8L motors.

I've seen a few pretty cool 318 turbo projects...it looks like a fun motor to turbo....if it's the M10. the M42's look pretty cramped...but doable.
          he is buying a 325is. I assume it's a 1991 325i or a 1990 325is.

I dont know about a supercharger, but if you search there will be some info re: turbocharger. Goodluck with everything.
          ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Oh...woops...just saw his screenname, and didn't read carefully.

Well....I have the place for you if you are trying to turbo an M20 :)

http://jdturbocharging.com (sorry...i have to advertise my own site :))

Comment

Leave the superchargers to the large displacement V engine guys...who don't want to run turbo piping on a V motor. Also...those motors usually have a plethora of Supercharger bolt on kits available...as bolt on is WAY easier than custom FAB. There are some rare SC kits for the M20...but since you will probably have to custom fab it...you may as well custom fab a turbo system.....

Comment

Rotex makes superchargers for M20's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

they make a bolt on kit for m20's but $5k is a bit steep.

Comment

I have one problem with turbos.... If you had an exhaust note you wont have it any more...but if you get and HKS or Greddy foam turbo filter you will have one mean sounding turbo.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

there is a supercharged 87 e30 m3. putting out 350hp. around my area. (it was the first, and only, one i saw up close :D )
                      from what i heard sc can work on smaller engines.

the 2.5 should hold up fine. keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming_bmwe30

Old post, but I have to respond...

Have you seen tuned mini's output (MiniMania, Hartge, BBM). Over 240-260HP from fully tuned 1.6. 220 is pretty easy with pullies, exhaust, and mild head work (JCW MCS).

If the engin is build to be supercharged, you'll get the power out of it you desire.

-Prince
                        Randall Prince
                        http://www.rp1.us/ Used Cars

Comment

If I had to choose between any of these, I would definitely consider the Rotrex just because it is FAR more efficient at producing power than the traditional SC's out there and 3% more efficient than the most efficient Garret Turbo.
                          I love Rotrex. There design is just a marvel to engineering.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907
                            http://members.roachfly.org/ldproducts/new_boost.html
                            did you really just link to a lowen design website? :shock:
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                              Originally posted by nefarious7907
                              http://members.roachfly.org/ldproducts/new_boost.html
                              did you really just link to a lowen design website? :shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X