Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30nub1 View Post
    I have a set of borbet type h 15x7 et25mm

Just trying to figure out what size hub rings I need.. I know the measurements go from a 64mm cb to a 57.1mm hub but I wanted to figure where I should buy the rings (heard don't go through tire rack or discount tire direct) and if spacers would be needed. Still a bit of a noob when it comes to wheel fitment
    Local wheel shops if you're in a city, or yes Tirerack and DTD can get you rings I'm not sure why you would be discouraged from them.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
      Goal: Not to roll my fenders
      Car: 85 eta
      Suspension: HR Race and Billy Sports
      Desired wheel size: 17"
      Question: How wide of wheels can I fit without fender modification? I've seen people stuff 17x8 front and 17x9 rear. I am going for square setup, so maybe 17x8 front and rear? Then leads the question, recommended tire size? And which offset of wheel should i shoot for?

Thanks ahead of time Jay!
      Just use what I told Apex Wheels to use years ago on their old 4x100 line: 17x8 +25. Will fit 215/40s without rubbing easily.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
        I just got some 17x9 et22 str 518, what would be a good tire size to run all around the cah?
        First off, they don't fit without spacers. You will need a 10-12mm spacer to safely clear the front struts. Once you do that, the rears will be sunken in. So buy a full set of 10-15mm spacers and run 205/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I was confused, I remeasured my rs' s and they are 16x7.5, not 16x8. Was shooting for 205/45/16, but I better rethink the plan now, lol. Im not looking for a square sidewall, I want a moderate stretch, nothing silly. Should I bump it back to a 195?
          Definitely 195/45s. The 205/45s will totally square on a 7.5".

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            First off, they don't fit without spacers. You will need a 10-12mm spacer to safely clear the front struts. Once you do that, the rears will be sunken in. So buy a full set of 10-15mm spacers and run 205/40 tires.
            I actually have spacers on there. I think theyre 10mm spacers
            Originally posted by dvck
            I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Would 205/45-16 look strange on a square 16x8 +20 setup? Tire choice kinda sucks.
              91 318is - Gone
              16 VW GTI
              07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Thank you sir, I appreciate the heads up!
                Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Sorry I have another question:
                  I'm also looking to purchase 17x8 Apex ARC-8 et25 and I plan to run 20mm spacers to clear my BBK I have BC Racing coilovers and want to know if they will fit and what modifications are required for them to fit. Please let me know and what size tire can I run?
                  Btw the car is an 84

Comment

Local wheel shops if you're in a city, or yes Tirerack and DTD can get you rings I'm not sure why you would be discouraged from them.
                    Heard that for insurance reasons DTd and tire race won't
                    Sell to you
                    Because it's a wheel that isn't designed to fit
                    The car so you will get
                    The runaround and no answer
                    sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Comment

I'm looking at some Work XSA's (16x8+23) and they have some 205/45/16 falkens on them. Are there spacers in my future?

Comment

Ooooooooooone more thing, would 205/40 sized tires look stretched or normal? Someone also told me i could run 215-45 which would be better for everyday use
                        Originally posted by dvck
                        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Tires on 16" style 5's with 20mm adaptors?
                          sigpic

Comment

12-15mm spacers all around with 205/50/16 tires.
                            Hi,

Can i run 20mm adapter spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled.

(Ronal LS 16x7.5 5x120 et35)

Comment

Jay, what's a decent tire in 205/50/16 that doesn't have a super tall sidewall? I've got 204/45 Federals right now, and I really don't like them much, plus it's getting close to tone for new tires. Along with that, I'd like to fill my wheel wells a tad more, but the 205/50 Feds I had on there before looked gargantuan. What do you recommend? The looks of a tire are important to me. Thanks!

Comment

What is best ET to use?

1989 325I Lowered on HR Sports with Bilstein Sports. Picked up a set of 4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters. I have a couple of 5 series rims that I thought I could use, I added the 18mm instead of subtracting. So I am guessing they will be "Hella Flush" with a ET2? I am assuming most E36 rims will work, starting with around 40mm offset, then spacers netting about 20? Am I looking at this right?
                                sigpic
                                Steve Corbett
                                1983 528E Scrapped
                                1983 528E Sold
                                1984 745I
                                1984 325E - Sold
                                1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
                                1989 325I Zinno
                                1988 635CSI

Comment

Working...
                                X