No announcement yet.

Stumped - S52 OBD2 no start (resolved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a power/ground issue at the harness connections not the DME itself....

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Grounds all test fine and the dme has power at the right pins. Even took a dremel with wire wheel to all ground connections to be on the safe side.

Pretty sure the harness is fubar.
      After some further investigation I found voltage at all sorts of weird places on the harness where there should be none.
      The only way this makes sense is if there is some serious shorting in my harness.
      Haven't been able to find the short yet, next I need to remove the intake manifold (again!!!) and pull the harness.
      I have another harness on the way, so I'll probably just pull the old one and figure out what went wrong later.
      Project
      Feedback

Comment

Got the car started last weekend.

After removing the intake manifold to replace the harness I decided to test the injectors while I had it all apart.
        No matter what I tried I couldn't get the injectors to open.

Lo and behold, it turns out that rebuilt injectors can stick closed if they sit around for months.
        I sent them back to member justXtreme who kindly sent me a spare set he had around to get me back up and running quickly.

Now the car fires right up! Apparently the voltage weirdness I encountered isn't a problem.

Project
        Feedback

Comment

My rebuilt injectors sat for like two years and one of them stuck closed. OK Injectors told me that they use a different lubricant during the rebuild process if they know the injectors are going to sit. Apparently the stuff they typically uses will stiffen up causing the injector to stick.

Originally posted by arch4ngel View Post
          Got the car started last weekend.

After removing the intake manifold to replace the harness I decided to test the injectors while I had it all apart.
          No matter what I tried I couldn't get the injectors to open.

Lo and behold, it turns out that rebuilt injectors can stick closed if they sit around for months.
          I sent them back to member justXtreme who kindly sent me a spare set he had around to get me back up and running quickly.

Now the car fires right up! Apparently the voltage weirdness I encountered isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
            My rebuilt injectors sat for like two years and one of them stuck closed. OK Injectors told me that they use a different lubricant during the rebuild process if they know the injectors are going to sit. Apparently the stuff they typically uses will stiffen up causing the injector to stick.
            Good to know thanks.
            Project
            Feedback

Comment

Working...
            X