Brake Booster Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Booster Question

A.) Does anyone have a ATE 944 booster or iX booster/mc for a 24V swap? I was about 15 minutes away from completing my swap but my booster took a shit while I was bleeding the brakes.

B.) Has anyone ever seen this happen to a booster and fixed it? As I slowly pressed the brake pedal, I heard a pop and after inspection, the booster rod that pushes the MC had somehow come apart. Nothing appears to be broken when looking at the material.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    '90 325is Schwarz
    5 lug'd 24V Turbo on VEMS

A) I can provide you a 944 Booster (modified or unmodded) if you cant find one closer. Shoot me a PM
    B) That thing fell out of my stock booster when I took it off. Not sure what happened..

Comment

I have an IX booster with master cylinder and am in Colorado Springs. PM sent

Don M

Comment

I have a used IX master (it's from an E32 I think) if you need it.

Comment

What did you end up doing with this? Popped out on me just now, dunno what to do.

Comment

I got an IX booster but haven't had time to swap it out yet. When I remove the failed booster, I'm going to see if it can be put back together for future reference. Might have that done this weekend.
            '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

I managed to fix it, just thought I'd put it out there for anyone that it happens to. I took a pipe that was smaller than the flange part so I could push directly on it and shoved it back in there. Didn't take a lot of force and it stays just like it was originally.

Comment

Nice, good to know! So it must happen from misalignment on the input or something?

For mine I did the 1/2" moved to the driver-side stock booster 24V setup but also modified my clevis to be exactly 1/2" compensation but maybe it was still binding and had misalignment when brake pedal was pressed.
                '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by marek|steezkal View Post
                  For mine I did the 1/2" moved to the driver-side stock booster 24V setup but also modified my clevis to be exactly 1/2" compensation but maybe it was still binding and had misalignment when brake pedal was pressed.
                  I did this same thing. I also put some 1/4in shims under my motor mounts. I could feel a small vibration through the pedals, turned out the intake was still touching the booster a bit.

To answer your original question, if the clevis arm is not aligned correctly, it will cause your problem. It's easy to pop back into place.
                  PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X