What serpentine belt for deleted ps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
    In any case, pulley 3 is for the A/C belt which is separate from the serpentine belt. If you have A/C you need to use it to have a way of tensioning that belt, of you don't you just don't run that belt.

The only "option" is not running pulley 1 which is not a tensioner but gives the belt more grip on both the water pump and the alternator. I would definitely run it.

Yeah pulley one is the idler pulley we have been talking about I believe
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
      No, A/C and power steering delete
      ah okay so the tensioner for my m52b28 is not the same as an S52b32. the s52 should have some markings like my M52 tensioner, at least I think it would.
      :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        I routed the belt to the other side of the alternator idler. But that's just me.
        Originally posted by mazur View Post
        To add data to the thread...

I kept my idler pulley and a 56.25in belt is the perfect size.

Part#'s

K060557
        6PK1415
        Sorry for the paintchop, but this is how I was planning on running mine. Not sure if I should go with the 1415 or the 1400 though.
        Attached Files

Comment

why do you want to keep the idler pulley?
          :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
            It gives the belt more grip on both the water pump and the alternator. I would definitely run it.
            I'm thinking along these lines. I know it probably isn't absolutely necessary, but it cant hurt anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
              Sorry for the paintchop, but this is how I was planning on running mine. Not sure if I should go with the 1415 or the 1400 though.
              Yeah I got the 1400 to work like that!

Originally posted by !kid View Post
              why do you want to keep the idler pulley?
              It seemed a little loose without it.
              And I would need a new bolt to replace the long bolt that holds the idler pulley and is also part of the alternator mounting.
              Just easier to slap it on
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I picked one of these up from advanced auto
                560k6

56in = 1422.4mm for the metric people
                fits like so

to not use the top most idler it would need to be about .5 to 1 inches shorter or 1400mm as some people have posted

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbmx68 View Post
                  I picked one of these up from advanced auto
                  560k6

56in = 1422.4mm for the metric people
                  fits like so

to not use the top most idler it would need to be about .5 to 1 inches shorter or 1400mm as some people have posted
                  I have the 1400 and it fits both ways

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Just picked up a 6pk1400 and ran it like the above picture. It was an absolute pain in the ass to get on, leading me to believe the 6pk1415 would be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
                      Just picked up a 6pk1400 and ran it like the above picture. It was an absolute pain in the ass to get on, leading me to believe the 6pk1415 would be a better choice.
                      It really wasn't that bad.
                      Put the idler on after you route the belt.
                      Just takes a little man power

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Anyone know what size I should run for PS delete and Turner underdrive pulleys on the waterpump and alternator?
                        I'd run without the idler pulley.
                        Thanks!
                        An educated guess would be helpful too!
                        1991 318is sold!
                        1989 325=track car--S52'd
                        Durango R/T for towing.
                        >>>Build thread<<<
                        M235i daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfi-r View Post
                          Anyone know what size I should run for PS delete and Turner underdrive pulleys on the waterpump and alternator?
                          I'd run without the idler pulley.
                          Thanks!
                          An educated guess would be helpful too!
                          In case anyone has the same question, 42" worked for me, but thats routing the belt up and over the tensioner (ie alternator->tensioner->crank->water pump.
                          I guess I should look into routing it around the tensioner properly so it doesn't slip?
                          Last edited by Spitfi-r; 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM.
                          1991 318is sold!
                          1989 325=track car--S52'd
                          Durango R/T for towing.
                          >>>Build thread<<<
                          M235i daily driver

Comment

Link
                            Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                            How many of you know how to actually de-power a steering rack? FYI, simply looping the lines or put a delete block is NOT doing it propery. De-powering a rack PROPERLY is an involved process that requires disassembly of the rack. There are hydralic seals and shit in there that need to be removed/mpdified. Do some god damn research you fucking nOOb.

Comment

Off to return my Napa 25-060560 (1439mm) belt right now. It was fine with no idler pulley, but I've decided I want to run it. Already bought a new one and the long bolt to mount it. Since I don't want to dick around trying to find a another (slightly shorter) bolt to secure the alternator I need a longer belt. Seems like there's some variation of these belts and it depends on some variables including what type of tensioner you have.

Comment

Finally got a belt that works for my setup. I'm running a new mechanical tensioner and the idler pulley. Ended up with a 1462mm (57.56"). Also worth noting for anyone putting on this belt for the first time that the belt does interfere with itself where the idler pulley and tensioner come together. You will need to have your socket/wrench on the tensioner and release tension to get the belts (where they pass) to clear each other. This in contrast to most belts where you get most of it on, then release tension to get it around that last pulley.

Comment

Working...
                                X