Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD1 S50 Swap Questions

Hello all,

I'm nearing the end of my S50 swap, and have a few questions- I have been searching all evening, but the 24v subforum has become reasonable cluttered

1) I am running an e34 5 series m50 OBD1 wiring harness and fuel delivery system pulled from a running car. However, my fuel rail does not have a FPR, unlike many diagrams of the fuel system, including that from realoem- every obd1 m/s50 diagram shows a fpr integrated in the fuel rail. ive seen a few threads on various forums asking the difference between the fuel rails without any clear answers-

2) Which intake boot will be need? According to all the realoem archives on obd1 m/s50's, they show a single port for the IAC.

I would appreciate any input- sorry if these questions have been answered repetitively in previous posts

Bump, come on guys, simple questions here

Comment

Not sure about why yours doesnt have a FPR, but I have an extra rail with FPR in the Bay Area if you need it.

Also, not 100% sure but I thought the 2nd port might be for traction control? I couldn't imagine what else would go there..

Comment

Hey OP, not sure about your FPR, my S50 had one in the rail, but my intake bellow had two ports in it, one for the ICV and one for the oil vacuum line. Ive been using the bimmerworld 3.5 inch elbow and that has 2 ports as well.

By the way, you could always just remote locate an adjustable FPR if you had to if i'm not mistaken.... I wanted to do that initially but opted out of it for simplicities sake.

Good luck finishing up
        CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
        Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
        -1984 325ei Lapis
        -1991 325ix Diamond
        - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
        -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
        -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
          Not sure about why yours doesnt have a FPR, but I have an extra rail with FPR in the Bay Area if you need it.

Also, not 100% sure but I thought the 2nd port might be for traction control? I couldn't imagine what else would go there..
          Could be TC, I know the parts car which the harness came from had it. If I end up needing it, I will definitely let you know

Originally posted by zcenterb View Post
          Hey OP, not sure about your FPR, my S50 had one in the rail, but my intake bellow had two ports in it, one for the ICV and one for the oil vacuum line. Ive been using the bimmerworld 3.5 inch elbow and that has 2 ports as well.

By the way, you could always just remote locate an adjustable FPR if you had to if i'm not mistaken.... I wanted to do that initially but opted out of it for simplicities sake.

Good luck finishing up
          Thanks for the informational response, a remote FPR sounds like a reasonable way to go.
          I was just surprised that realoem didnt show any diagrams of e34/36/30/etc with anything but the integrated FPR

Anyone running an e34 harness with an obd1 swap or have done it in the past want to give their 2 cents?

Comment

Ahhh the vacuum line that goes to the valve cover... makes sense. lol

Comment

Working...
            X