No announcement yet.

Swap 1/4 Mile Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know whether the US s50 with getrag 260 and 3.73 gears or s50 with the e36 zf tranny and 3.25 gears will provide better acceleration?

Comment

I'll let you guys know soon on the e30 m3 w/s50 zf trans w/3.25.

But on my old car (now 84e's car) here are the stats:

60' 2.2
      1/8 9.6
      MPH 73.4
      1/4 15.0
      MPH 92.1
      And 105º

Stock motor, no chip no nothing. 205/65/14.
      I know the car could hit high 14's but I didn't feel like waiting for 30 mins sweating my ass to run it again.
      Car had no traction in 1st and none most of 2nd.
      91 m3

Comment

im hoping to get into the 12's with my s50 and nitrous. but we will see
        Parts for sale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=128440
        Car for sale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=118679

Comment

are you just making your car for the strip or what?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

i plan to autocross it but i will drag race it too. its not gonna be just for one thing
            Parts for sale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=128440
            Car for sale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=118679

Comment

Originally posted by 325Projectz
              I'll let you guys know soon on the e30 m3 w/s50 zf trans w/3.25.

Stock motor
              You stock motor was a s50 right? I think you could get a lot better times than that. E36 ///Ms get 14s all day long.

That's what i have right now e30 ///m s50 with zf and 3.25lsd. I'm just wondering how it compares to a 260 and 3.73lsd.

Comment

Originally posted by X2theZ3
                You stock motor was a s50 right? I think you could get a lot better times than that. E36 ///Ms get 14s all day long.

That's what i have right now e30 ///m s50 with zf and 3.25lsd. I'm just wondering how it compares to a 260 and 3.73lsd.
                Oh my bad, I guess I left out the fact that the 325 had a stock m50tu.

The M3 has a s50, zf and a 3.25lsd, so stay tuned.
                91 m3

Comment

Dude, where's your sig picture?

Comment

Lost, let me find it.
                    91 m3

Comment

Permit,

Paypal Sent.

Comment

Originally posted by X2theZ3
                        Permit,

Paypal Sent.
                        Awaiting confirmation :D

Comment

I also have the S50 with the ZF and a 3.25. I havent run it yet because i was traveling all summer and didnt have time during the season. I am tempted to do it again but the only track I know of is over a half an hour away. Plus like mentioned before I dont like sitting for half an hour to run a few seconds and sit again.

Some of these times sound bad, did someone say they got a 15.9 in an M50 car? Something doesnt seem right since I pulled a 16.460 in my Eta my only time at the strip. Given it was modded but it was still an Eta.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                            I also have the S50 with the ZF and a 3.25. I havent run it yet because i was traveling all summer and didnt have time during the season. I am tempted to do it again but the only track I know of is over a half an hour away. Plus like mentioned before I dont like sitting for half an hour to run a few seconds and sit again.

Some of these times sound bad, did someone say they got a 15.9 in an M50 car? Something doesnt seem right since I pulled a 16.460 in my Eta my only time at the strip. Given it was modded but it was still an Eta.
                            I dont think anyone said they got a 15.9 in a m50 car: i believe they said that they got a 15 flat with a m50 powered car.

Comment

Originally posted by puusitalo
                              Don't see that happening, ever. Even 13 would be something to brag about.
                              I did 15,91s/148,8km/h last summer. M50B25TU with M20 flywheel and Getrag 260 gearbox, street tyres (225/45-R16), i=3,78. Some grip only with 3rd and 4th gear.

Petteri
                              Im wondering if Gunnar and this guy are running a true 1/4 or some other altered version of one. Ive known US E36 M3s to hit 14 even with just the usual non power adding bolt ons locally. Im assuming since he is using KM and a comma as a decimal that he is not from the States.
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gstuning
                                Any sub 300hp E30´s running 12 something without slicks?
                                Well not a swap but-- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=60708

Originally posted by puusitalo
                                Don't see that happening, ever. Even 13 would be something to brag about.
                                I did 15,91s/148,8km/h last summer. M50B25TU with M20 flywheel and Getrag 260 gearbox, street tyres (225/45-R16), i=3,78. Some grip only with 3rd and 4th gear.

Petteri

And also bimmerjim ran an 11.9 with 300 hp. Go other places than just this forum! Theres a whole 'nother world out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X