Swap 1/4 Mile Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Im wondering if Gunnar and this guy are running a true 1/4 or some other altered version of one. Ive known US E36 M3s to hit 14 even with just the usual non power adding bolt ons locally. Im assuming since he is using KM and a comma as a decimal that he is not from the States.
    My result was a true 1/4mile and it was not clocked in States. You can check http://www.sunrisecruisers.com/tulokset/wcsc2005.pdf for official result and other times to compare it to. Some engines sizes are marked in liters, some cc and some cid, but you can work it out. Best times was 9,06s/244km/h=151mph that day (turbocharged 2,4l with 4-link and slicks all built for purpose). There was a remarkable tail wind that day, which increased speeds at finish line.
    My number was 661 (page 6 of 7) and this was first event in 2005 Cup (Pori). Anything numbered 1## would be under 4l/4000cc normally aspirated and most of these are build just for 1/4mile. And allthough this was my first (and last) quarter mile event as a driver, it sure wasn't my first visit to drag strip...And based on that, i don't believe it's possible to run 12's with street tyres, regardless of engine power. Not picking a fight here, just telling how i see it.
    EDIT: And with street tyres i mean actual street tyres that you can use in rainy weather too. Not soft compound tyres of any variety.

Petteri
    Last edited by puusitalo; 12-11-2005, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a32guy
      And also bimmerjim ran an 11.9 with 300 hp. Go other places than just this forum! Theres a whole 'nother world out there.
      BimmerJim did 300hp to the wheels, which is about 340-350 to the crank.
      And he ran that on slicks.

Point on this thread is M/SX family motorswaps, not turbo'd m20's with d/r.
      91 m3

Comment

I most surtenly ran a real 1/4mile strip,

I got a 13,57 on the strip in qualifying for a drag race day, then my P/S started leaking and I pulled out, the 13,27 was done on a practice day,
        my best 1/8 is 8.4s
        Gunni
        @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Just an update...

I went out to the track the other night
          1/4 13.91 @ 101
          60' 2.17

On street tires, no launch.

91 M3 Us S50B30, ZF Trans, 3:25 Diff, 225/35/18
          91 m3

Comment

sounds like fun
            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 325Projectz
              Just an update...

I went out to the track the other night
              1/4 13.91 @ 101
              60' 2.17

On street tires, no launch.

91 M3 Us S50B30, ZF Trans, 3:25 Diff, 225/35/18
              Now lets see you launch that thing!!!

Comment

Uhhhhh, it just sits there, lol. When I did that I had 2.599 60'. I need some slicks...

But that'll wait until I turbo it.
                91 m3

Comment

I have had friends run 13.5 and 13.7 2 seperate E36 M3's both were S52 with intake and chip.
                  253rwhp

My Vids(OLD)
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/aeryk7#p/a/u/0/hS4ZAzSdUdY
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/aeryk7#p/u/2/C-0hnV2k_xU

Comment

yea bump...

i went to the dragstrip last night with a bunch of guys... it was $20 to run all night.... i was on baskets with all seasons, and this was my first time at the drags and my car has been running rich since the swap, and it was hot, but these are all just excuses for a slow car :) needless to say, i dont even want to post my times. just curious if anyone has gone recently?
                    Dan

Comment

I did 14.637. I have US S50, Gertrag 260, 2.93lsd and 225/45/17s. No other mods. I think with either a 3.25lsd or 3.46lsd time will be better probably mid to high 13s.

Reaction .5068
                      60ft 2.2901
                      330ft 6.3077
                      1/8 9.5520
                      1000ft 12.334
                      1/4 14.637

1991 318i with M3 Conversion

Comment

I am confident i can run a low 13 now possibly a 12.999 even more confident when i do a diff and some wider rims in a light variety SSR ,Kosei

3rd gear pulls on every car ive raced including : 6-speed Dinan E46 M3 and SMG, Sr20det swapped S13 with intercooler. Only car that pulled on me through 3rd and 4th was a Modded Trans Am LS1 supposedly had port and polish and crap from 40-120 he put a car and a half

S50
                        325i ZF tranny
                        2.93 open
                        homemade SSK
                        Custom Intake/Heatshield
                        21.5 injectors ...no tuning
                        Ebay Chip
                        Last edited by aeryk7; 06-23-2006, 10:14 AM.
                        253rwhp

My Vids(OLD)

Comment

12's is a different ballgame than 13's. Getting the car off the line without lighting them up is the tricky part, and our rear suspension setup is not helpful in those situations.

Comment

I put some eibachs on the rear for now which are doing well until i get some ground controls but you are right its not like i willl be able to rocket out of the hole without launch practice in which i have none. The numbers i figured were based off of a 1.8-2.0 sec 60ft. time
                            253rwhp

My Vids(OLD)

Comment

dragway photographer link...

Dan

Comment

wow, m50 swapped and only 15-flat?!? a strong m20 with the usual chip/m30 afm/4.10 can be near or at that, and a whole lot less work...

Comment

Working...
                                X