• Show
Clear All

Ive got a gameplan together, so this should be making a BIG comeback
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have seen plenty of build here that for the most part still have a ways to go but the owners have put a lot of quality time into making their E30 their own. COTM should be as much as the owner as well as the car.

I can understand that some people don't have a fully documented car that has been built. Ive written 2 long build threads, both of which I have sold on...sadly. My current one that I have had for 6+ years with plenty of time in it with no build thread...other than a wheel build. I personally have lost steam on posting, not to mention my other cars have taken some of my interested away from E30s.

I do stop by less often but would like to see COTM revamped. :up:

COTM

Comment

As a newer member with no experience with this COTM program I feel it would be one of those touches that adds character to the webpage. Something extra that makes the site better than those subaru forums. I would volunteer my car but I feel there are better (more documented, more original) stories out there. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          can we also change my title from R3V Elite to COQ manager or something R3V appropriate once Ive been given the honor to control the COQ
          How about COQ master? Or COQ handler? Maybe The COQ sucker?
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            Car of the _____ on this site should always, without exception, be an E30.
            and also this.
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              As a newer member with no experience with this COTM program I feel it would be one of those touches that adds character to the webpage. Something extra that makes the site better than those subaru forums. I would volunteer my car but I feel there are better (more documented, more original) stories out there. Either way I'm looking forward to it.
              make a build thread and maybe you will be selected. you never know

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
              How about COQ master? Or COQ handler? Maybe The COQ sucker?
              all great suggestions. except the COQ sucker, its not appropriate. COQ handler and COQ handler...absolutely;D
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I think the car should be a legit feature, not about the stanced out BS culture where expensive wheels and airbags are considered a "build", but a true build that the owner made his/ her own
                This. Holy shit. Glad someone else sees this as annoying.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yeah, don't let it die 2man.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

dont worry guys :up:
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

When I had my WRX and posted on nasty-cock... I mean NASIOC, they had a rotating theme for each COTM. For example, June may have been "COTM wagon edition", July then was "COTM 2.5RS edition", August was "COTM STI edition" etc. Maybe having a rotating theme here on r3v each month/quarter will help keep the submissions to a more manageable amount.
                      2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

I have a plan. Have faith!
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

So with the cotm or whatever time line it's going to run on, only the "Built not bought" cars will be featured?

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Im hoping to have a legit COTM starting in 2016. It doesnt necessarily need to be a "built not bought" car, but I wont be picking a car that has coilovers and reps and nothing else. Im more concerned with someone creating something unique
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                            X