Convertible top installation...DIY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible top installation...DIY?

Am I crazy in thinking about installing a new convertible top myself. Are there any detailed instructions out there.

its not that bad really.

theres a video from the factory that they sent out to dealerships/techs about how to do it. my dad and i got a hold of it when we did this and we then sent to a guy that was gonna make copies and sell them, actually i think you can buy copies on ebay. its really just a matter of lining it up right and gluing everything. i havent had any leaks from my ebay top in 5 years.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

+1. You can buy the factory CD on eBay and it was instructions on how to replace the top.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
        its not that bad really.

theres a video from the factory that they sent out to dealerships/techs about how to do it. my dad and i got a hold of it when we did this and we then sent to a guy that was gonna make copies and sell them, actually i think you can buy copies on ebay. its really just a matter of lining it up right and gluing everything. i havent had any leaks from my ebay top in 5 years.
        Curious what part of NC you from?

Comment

Also with every aftermarket top there should come instructions how to do the job. It's not hard.
          - E34 M5 (x 2) -
          - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
          - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
          - E46 318i Touring -
          - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

This is the DIY I used when I did mine:
            Share a project
            There weren't any surprises.

Comment

Working...