Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 Turbo manifolds group buy manifolds shipped today..!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to installing mine too. Still need to pick a turbo - want something daily - drivable but with the potential to put 350hp to the rear wheels. Thinking either a Garrett GT3076R w/.82 A/R, or something from the Holset family (not sure which one).

Comment

Has anyone tried slapping a BorgWarner EFR turbo on one of these things?

Comment

Not an EFR but I've seen very good results with theirs Air Werkz S256SX and I'm putting one on mine and could report back. AGP Turbo makes them with smaller T3 exhaust housings as well so you're not stuck with a 1.22 a/r divided T4.
        1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
        1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
        1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
        ...And a couple others...

Comment

Originally posted by E34DIYer View Post
          Looking forward to installing mine too. Still need to pick a turbo - want something daily - drivable but with the potential to put 350hp to the rear wheels. Thinking either a Garrett GT3076R w/.82 A/R, or something from the Holset family (not sure which one).
          A Holset HX35 would be a good choice, it's proven to support 400+hp, it's durable and won't break the bank .
          As for the EFR series, haven't seen an real world data comparing it to other turbo's. They are also physically longer by 3" to 4".
          Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

I confess to not knowing much about the Holsets. Exactly what Holset setup would I want to hit our goals - quick spool, up to 350hp to the rear wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by E34DIYer View Post
              I confess to not knowing much about the Holsets. Exactly what Holset setup would I want to hit our goals - quick spool, up to 350hp to the rear wheels?
              hx35 with 12cm housing. Thy make right about 350whp at 14psi on an m20 and spool fairly quickly.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Are there other things to spec out? Inducer/exducer wheel sizes, trims, etc? Compressor housing sizes? Or do I just pick a turbine housing and I'm done?

Comment

Holset hx35's can come in many variations, I believe anywhere from 48mm-56mm inducers. The most common is the 56mm from older cummins.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Thanks. Thread jack complete.

Comment

I'm also looking at a GT3076R but with a .64 A/R housing, as I have relatively modest power goals and I'm looking for quick spool-up. Got the manifold, looks really solid with undamaged gaskets.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado325ix View Post
                        I'm also looking at a GT3076R but with a .64 A/R housing, as I have relatively modest power goals and I'm looking for quick spool-up. Got the manifold, looks really solid with undamaged gaskets.
                        We may need to hook up soon if you are installing it on another iX!
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Got my manifold today Otis. It looks great!

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                          90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                          87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                          90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                          87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                          71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by bruner View Post
                            Got my manifold today Otis. It looks great!
                            Thanks, they came out real nice.

How about a group buy for Tial Wastegates and BOV..???? Anyone interested...??
                            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in the wastegate. Not sure on BOV, as I want to do a recirculating setup instead of dumping to atmosphere.

Comment

Obviously price/savings would be a big motivator as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X