No announcement yet.

Dicked by BavAuto, yet again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know people commonly had problems with them. I know the $100 custom floormats I got through them for my E30 fit like shit, never went back.
    sigpic
    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

I am in the middle of a battle with bav auto that has been going on since April 28th. I ordered a set of ST sway bars for a race car and ever since its been the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will post screen shots if I can figure out how too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
        I didn't know people commonly had problems with them. I know the $100 custom floormats I got through them for my E30 fit like shit, never went back.
        I mean, at least according to this thread and Google reviews. I don't normally like chewing out people that don't deserve it, but when someone goes through the exact same situation twice without any compensation whatsoever from the vendor, I think it's time people know about it.

Current- '82 635CSi Euro, '08 328XI Touring
        Past- '86 635CSi, '00 528i Touring, '81 635CSi Euro ,'72 2002, '93 325i, other oddballs...
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyEBq3A7On4

Comment

Same problem here with BA. Ordered stuff only to find out later it was back ordered. Had to file a claim to get a response and then they drug out the return just to be a bitch. Too many reputable places that actually try at customer service to have to deal with that nonsense again with BA.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
            I am in the middle of a battle with bav auto that has been going on since April 28th. I ordered a set of ST sway bars for a race car and ever since its been the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will post screen shots if I can figure out how too.
            Originally posted by iflytii View Post
            Same problem here with BA. Ordered stuff only to find out later it was back ordered. Had to file a claim to get a response and then they drug out the return just to be a bitch. Too many reputable places that actually try at customer service to have to deal with that nonsense again with BA.
            Part of me is thinking it might be worth taking these issues a little more seriously. I find it completely ridiculous that a company this big and well known can still be taking advantage of customers like this. I've already written reviews on Yelp and Google, but that's not going to get anyone very far.

Anyone have any ideas? It pisses me off that they can get away with screwing people because of their search engine presence.

Past- '86 635CSi, '00 528i Touring, '81 635CSi Euro ,'72 2002, '93 325i, other oddballs...

Comment

Originally posted by bddog View Post
              Will call at Pelican if there is a huge hurry.
              They are off of Western , South of Sepulveda.
              Free sodas while you wait!
              How does that help someone in Connecticut?
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

from what i've heard about pelican, as long as you get your order in by 11-12 EST they'll have your order shipped out by 12 PST

Comment

I haven't tried calling but when I have searched for part numbers on blunt's site many times it comes up with not found so I assume they couldn't get specialty parts.

An example is S38b36 sparkplug wire plastic covers. I had to order elsewhere. Same with an e30 m3 coolant reservoir.
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I've had positive experiences for the most part with BA. I usually don't use them though since I'm in WA, so shipping is slow, and they don't always have competitive pricing.

When I ordered a pair of rear genuine mud flaps from them, it took them 5 days to tell me it was back-ordered and would take two more weeks. I did get them after 3 weeks so I can't complain, just wish they were able to keep better track of inventory and provide availability before/during ordering so you're not in the dark all week. This happened with pelican too on a genuine part I ordered (they didn't have it in stock and it had to come from Germany), but instead I got a call from them the next morning.

Now for a good. I ordered a crankcase kit for e39 touring, but when I did on the site it listed that the ones for the '99 model year were for 11/98 builds and later, where mine is a 10/98. Contacted parts and one of the guys told me to order the one for the '98 528i. After getting the parts turns out they were completely wrong and I needed the later style after all. My car was in the middle of his ccv replacement and halfway apart. Contacted them again with this, and they got the correct one coming 2nd days shipping and helped me with the shipping costs. After sending the parts back, even though they have been opened, they gave me a full refund.
                    '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Apparently from July 17th until this afternoon the rep's email was having some technical issues and he did not receive any of my (3) emails. Total BS.

Comment

I don't order from BavAuto anymore - too many past issues and their prices are normally higher than other vendors

Comment

Blunt

Comment

I don't use BavAuto all that much; the one time I ordered an OEM part (fuel pump for my 330i), it failed in less than a month. They promptly sent out a new one and (after a little haggling) gave me a store credit for $100 to help pay for additional labor to pull it again. They're not the cheapest and website blows. I live in NJ, so use Guten (they're 15 minutes away); Levent is the man. For OEM, I have used Pelican extensively. Their website is great, prices competitive, and often receive "good customer discount codes". They have improved (lowered) shipping costs too and customer service has always been great. I have not tried Blunt yet but plan to.

Comment

BavAuto certainly does not have their act together....
                              My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Had a chat with Greg, the head of customer service a few days ago. He admitted that the antiquity of their website has been their Achilles heel and that they are completely revamping the site with (apparently) a live inventory.

Unfortunately, however, none of that will necessarily improve the quality of their customer service and I'm still very frustrated with the outcome of my order. Finally received my part today, but I'm returning it simply because of how unprofessional they have been. They are refunding my shipping + radiator and giving me a free shipping label to return the product, but I don't think they are doing much else for me.

Talked to FCP Euro a few days ago and explained my issue while looking into the availability of a Behr rad (which is what I wanted originally). I talked to them for a long time about keeping a live inventory. If FCP knows something will be backordered or delayed, they will contact you immediately before shipping the part. Not to mention, shipping from them is free or $10 for UPS ground, which is usually results in same or two day delivery. Easy to say, they'll be getting my business instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X