Post pics of your E30 in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhanced Compression

SCCA allows the 325 to run C/R as high as 12/1 in E Production. The M20 currently sports a somewhat thicker MLS head gasket and has a calculated 11/1 C/R. If I want to be competitive in E/P I'll need to get back to 12/1 as I'm probably losing 20 h/p as presently configured.
    The M20 as a race engine seems pretty durable, once the rocker issues are sorted. The car's previous owner helped VAC develop their " Unbreakable" aluminum rockers and so far I've had no failures. His experience was such that he put a hole in the firewall and could change a broken rocker in 20 minutes.
    My issues to date have had more to do with transmission and clutch in that the Getrag box needs a fluid venting system that allows the lube to go a catch tank and return once it's cooled rather than blown out the various seals onto the bottom of the car. The 5.5 inch twin disc clutch allows fast shifts but isn't particularly user friendly. It's engaged or it's not, no slipping allowed. So forget driving the car onto the trailer or driving slowly around the paddock area.
    Attached Files

Comment

geezer.....

would love to see some on board vids.

And re that 02.....I am a huge fan of pig cheeked 02s...I have one as well. Whos fenders are those?.....even your hood latch is so very period.

what engine is in that lil beast?.....m10?...carbed..duals?....

sorry for this OT....but man u got me all excited lol
      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

BMW 2002 Pig Cheeks

The pig cheeks are from Ireland Engineering. Fronts mostly bolt on, rears require some grafting onto the existing fender with 3M automotive adhesive. Engine is an M10 with Shrick 304, sidedrafts, close ratio trans, coilovers, cage, cell, GT3 front subframe, all the usual race hardware. I need to assemble a more aggressive engine and reduce the weight to be more competitive in the Vintage race world. Comparing the 2002 and the E30 is not exactly fair but they unfortunately would run in the same class, just at different ends of it.
        Attached Files

Comment

soooo like 175-190 hp?/or so

I was just reading how some FIA racers in europe are seeing like 250 hp on m10 motors w/ injection....yikes

I have a source for fenders that are hands down the best qual. in the USA...hands down.

Korman and IE are very iffy to me....quality, fit etc... I run IE fenders...bought em before I located this other source. I guess on a racer it may not be a biggie to you....buuuut they are way better
          Last edited by JRKOUPE; 01-16-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezeracing View Post
            The pig cheeks are from Ireland Engineering. Fronts mostly bolt on, rears require some grafting onto the existing fender with 3M automotive adhesive. Engine is an M10 with Shrick 304, sidedrafts, close ratio trans, coilovers, cage, cell, GT3 front subframe, all the usual race hardware. I need to assemble a more aggressive engine and reduce the weight to be more competitive in the Vintage race world. Comparing the 2002 and the E30 is not exactly fair but they unfortunately would run in the same class, just at different ends of it.

Awesome car is it group b sedan? I also have a vintage 2002 racer. Im working in getting back into track duty it hasn't been raced since the 80's and 90's. The engine Im building for it is an m10 with 12:1 compression, 316 degree cam and weber 45's. The next engine will be 13:1 with a 336 degree cam.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Ring fun

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7184.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	7189913

R.H.D
              M-technic I club

Comment

greaaaat pic

she has like zero body lean..

set up?????

more!!!

just found this....niiiice

Comment

first event on coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not me...

But I LUV this shot!
                        Attached Files

Comment

2015 NASA Spec E30 Championship
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Fooshe; 04-14-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Pit stop at the 25!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                                Ring fun

[ATTACH]112859[/ATTACH]
                                hey james do you got youtube channel?

Comment

Working...
                                X