Getting bitch clip IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting bitch clip IN

I'm in the process of rebuilding my shifter linkage with Garagistic bushings and am stuck on getting the bitch clip back in with the new delrin bushing. The transmission is in the car so there's not much room, otherwise I'd just put a big c-clamp on the bitch clip and press it into the bushing. Anyone else have this problem?

I usually grab a drill bit and ream it out a just hair and shave down the sides a pinch so its a bit easier to slide it in between the ears on the transmission :up:
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      I usually grab a drill bit and ream it out a just hair and shave down the sides a pinch so its a bit easier to slide it in between the ears on the transmission :up:
      I was hoping to not have to do that in case that makes it loose. I think tonight I'll try heating the bushing&carrier and freezing the clip then trying to get it in with some KY jelly (that stuff is awesome for tight fits (no pun intended ;D) especially when you don't want petroleum based stuff), otherwise I'll have to drill! Thanks for the info.

Comment

LOL. It won't be loose... TRUST me. We've installed 50+ of these delrin replacements. They're always on the tighter side. Make sure you replace the foam bushing in the selector rod while in there :up:
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

You're right, I had to drill. Closest I had was a 25/64" bit, then used a pry bar and a block of wood against the tunnel for some leverage and plenty of KY, got it in! And it's not loose at all. And yep, I'm doing all the bushings (and oil seals, plus that spring cap thing on top of the back of the tranny) in that area. Thanks for the help.

Comment

yep a little, I also grease the pin up a little. I have also had to sand the sides of the delrin bushings down a little for the carrier to fit inbetween the ears of the transmission.

don't mess with heating and cooling haha, once its in, its still TIGHT. be a lot more of a hassle getting it out.
            Race German
            Automotive clothing from your favorite brands included: CAtuned,
            UUC, Garagistic, Revshift, Moar Designs, Condor Speed Shop,
            Neue Motorsports, Bimmerheads, Motorsports Hardware and more.
            Also offer track decals for any track in the world.

:thankyou:

Comment

Working...
            X