Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this today!! [emoji2]

E30 now S52
    2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
    325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
      Got this today!! [emoji2]
      Is that all 4? Which ones did you go with??

I have the mustang Konis on the back of mine and will be getting iX Koni's for the front here shortly.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Got the e30 rears... iX fronts should be next year with stiffer springs. I'm also doing sway bars this winter 22fr/19rr
        E30 now S52
        325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Got the e30 rears... iX fronts should be next year with stiffer springs. I'm also doing sway bars this winter 22fr/19rr
          Nice. Im probably going to do the coilover conversion at the end of this year also along with a new steering rack. Trying to make the most of what I have and improve it slowly, especially because Im happy with the IE3 springs now, so no need to rush into something stiffer and miss track time.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Nice. Im probably going to do the coilover conversion at the end of this year also along with a new steering rack. Trying to make the most of what I have and improve it slowly, especially because Im happy with the IE3 springs now, so no need to rush into something stiffer and miss track time.
            we are in the same boat haha! presently looking at various option as where to get a new steering rack... my e36 one is leeking by the shaft seal... will probably go with the Z3 route.

As for spring, I'm already on GC coilover sleeve, but pretty "soft" for coilover, my spring rates kind of match IE3 springs. I find It perfect for the street, but a bit soft for the track... we will see with the sways bars!
            E30 now S52
            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

we are in the same boat haha! presently looking at various option as where to get a new steering rack... my e36 one is leeking by the shaft seal... will probably go with the Z3 route.

As for spring, I'm already on GC coilover sleeve, but pretty "soft" for coilover, my spring rates kind of match IE3 springs. I find It perfect for the street, but a bit soft for the track... we will see with the sways bars!
              haha yes I guess we are! Im leaning more towards the Z4 since it will get no power assist.

I love the IE3, but saw a pic of how bad the car was squatting around a hard turn and made me think I will need to getting stiffer rates.

What rates are you thinking? Im trying to decide between 400/650 or 500/750
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Probably more toward 500/750... but still have to educate myself a lot more on that...!

Just pulled the trigger on a brand new Z3 rack from AAE. Should receive it in two weeks!
                E30 now S52
                325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Still working on my driveshaft vidration problem ... after destroying a near brand new rebuilted early E30 325e driveshaft (wheelhop problem), I bought a used e36 driveshaft and got it rebuild. My problem is that it is still vibrating with the new driveshaft.

The car is on jack stand and the wheels are removed... It vibrates from 50 to 70mph...

I check the diff inpunt flange and I have about 0.0005'' off axial runout... so its perfect...

The tranny output pilot shaft that goes into the the driveshaft pilot bushing has about 0.005'' of runout... It is a bit much but its in a bushing... My impression is that once installed, the drivesahft is more centrered by the three guibo bolts...

I still need to check the axial runout at the tranny output flange ears...

I will probably resend the drivesahft to the rebuild shop to get them to double check their balancing...

I also aligned the engine as straigh as possible to the the center bearing support properly aligned without flexing the guibo...
                  E30 now S52
                  325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Are you getting any vibration with the car in neutral revving? Is the driveshaft perfectly straight from trans output to diff input? How does the center support bearing look? Is it preloaded?
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

No vibration in neutral.

Will check the straightness of the driveshaft, but aligned the engine to get the center support centered. Also, the last drive shaft wasn't vibrating... so it should be just allright

The center support is new and preloaded.

I think it's the driveshaft again that is not perfectly balanced but want to make sure it's not something else...
                      E30 now S52
                      325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

nice man..
                        keep up updated!
                        [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------
                        [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------
                        Transaction Feedback

Comment

Checked the axial run out of the tranny output flange, not even a mils of runout... just perfect! So sent the driveshaft back to the shop, and it was within their spec... they got it better, but the guy told me that it wasn't my driveshaft that was causing my vibration... I will double check my alignment...

Something is missing??

Got the subframe out again, while the driveshaft was out, to do the train arm bushing AGAIN! My green revshift ones where having like 1/16" of free play! WTF! Got IE ones... We will see if they are better. It should help to reduced my wheelhop problem. That with the koni shocks.

]

Last edited by MatRacer; 04-19-2017, 08:24 PM.
                          E30 now S52
                          325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Got my driving back!

New bushings are also in
                            Last edited by MatRacer; 04-19-2017, 08:20 PM.
                            E30 now S52
                            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

No more real vibration... ! Pretty happy! Back on the project! Presently building brake cooling back plate:
                              E30 now S52
                              325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

That's a really clean design for those backing plates.

What's the reasoning behind the fully enclosed ring (around the spindle) rather than having it open for easy removal?
                                P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Working...
                                X