No announcement yet.

My 88' 318i | Underpowered Euro Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, long time no updates.. Got the wheels finished and mounted :)
    Tires are 205/45 for those interested
    End result looks like this:

Still dont have the center caps, cant get to the guy who painted em, but i really love the end-result :)
    Alot has to be done to it yet, lip, skirts, rear bumper. But it'l get there, eventually :)

Max.
    Last edited by Max399; 08-07-2016, 07:37 AM.
    5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
    Leave feedback about my transactions!
    sigpic

Comment

picture doesn't work

Comment

Long time no seen :)
        Went to a first ever country E30 meet here in Lithuania.
        About 50 cars showed up, here are some pics from a drone i got for a test-drive that weekend:

Nice cabrio interior:

And of-course my car:

Looks sucky waffleswaffleswaffles, no lip skirts, no time to finish it.
        Also heres the event sticker i got, fits and looks awesome on the quarter glass:

Max.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like a fantastic car man. Loving that you kept the original colour. Nothing compares to a fresh Diamant Schwarz.

P.S. I loved the E30 Meet photos you posted, something is just so right seeing that many E30s together.

Comment

So long time no seen. Might aswell do a picture-dump with some text :)

Soo, got some wheels for the next season.

Style 32 R17 8J and 9J. What goes after that? Ofcourse, a test fit!

Seems legit. Since these got used for some drifting here locally (Hense the orange colour), i had to sandblast then, which i did.

Came out decent. Plan was to paint them dark red. Would have looked cool on a dark car. Something like i used to rock a few seasons back.

Then some rust fixing had to be done, since my sills were falling aparts. So i got some replacement ones (Read chineese)

But unfortunately i got the wrongs ones:

They were too short, i needed the full length ones. So after a little more searching i found those:

A few weeks after i got the Style 32's, i got a chanse to get the wheels i wanted in the first place. Rondell 0058 R17 8.5J all around. Exactly the ones i rocket a few seasons back in R15! Color scheme was also gotta be the same, polished lip and candy red center :)

Status confirmation: wheel whore, lol.

So around a few weeks back i finally found a good welder (Read cheap, but good quality one), and this is where all the hell broke loose :)

When i handed the car to him, i told him that only the sills and a few holes had to be welded. But nobody prepared me for the horrors i saw when i lifted the carpet. I'l let the pictures do the talking.

First he cut off the sils, or what was left of them:

Then a few more holes in the floor:

And a few in the inner arches:

At this point, the car was like good Swiss cheese. Only there was more holes than cheese..

Is this over yet?

And it is! Here's the final result of the drivers side:

Now to repeat the same on the passenger side..
            But fortunately i do not have any photos of that. Take a deep breath, its all over.

So a few days ago, a local ad comes up, and i know i have to have them:

Yes they are reps, but who cares, they look good for the price they were. R17 8J and 9J.
            And since my girlfriend told me i had too much wheels, naturally i traded him the Rondells :)

So this trade is happening today, im traveling to get the wheels. Will hopefully update once i have more pictures, and maybe even a testfit :)

Max.
            sigpic

Comment

So lets get back from where we left off :)
              I got the wheels ;)

BBS Reps, good build quality. Light, compared to the Rondell 0058.
              2x 8J and 2x 9J. All ET 35. Well theres nothing to say about them. Theyre reps and im poor.

The i saw this piece of art when i had to visit the BMW Dealership:

Original M6 E24 imported from Canada. All OEM and original. Loved it. Way better than all of the other cars in the dealership :)

And this is why i went to the dealership:

The caps on the reps are the same as on original ones, metal centers and it unsqrews. So had to get a wrench for it :)

Max.
              sigpic

Comment

Whop whoop, some updates..

.. NOT :)

Got hit by a van. Which then ran away. Great :/

Also finished the season proffing, finished welding all the shit (sheet) metal, and weather proffed all of the underside of the car. Winter ready, oh yes.

Max.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, finally some update time.
                  And once again - nothing good about them..

On Aprils 1st i got T-Boned by some stupid Peugeot..

This was right when were going to a winter tire burnout meet.
                  But the decision was made to still go there in the car as is, no stupid Peugeot is gonna stop me.

Good friends > cars, had a great time.

Then a few days later my keychain broke. Just like the car body :/

Oh, and i finally god my freshly repolished wheels - love how they turned out, even thought i still cant put em on the car because of the body :/

And to leave it off - with this, an image of that car in its current state, surrounded by burnout smoke :)

Still dont know what the insurance will tell me about this. I am not in fault, but the car could potentially get written off. But lets hope for the best ;)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
                    And to leave it off - with this, an image of that car in its current state, surrounded by burnout smoke :)

This is weirdly one of the coolest e30 photos ive seen.

Hopefully things work out with insurance!
                    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Ugh, what a horrible April fools joke. Sure hope the damage is only cosmetic, good on you for making the best of it :up:

Comment

How did you repair the hole in the inner wheel arch of your E30?
                        I have a small hole at the top but I'm not sure how I should begin with cutting it out and making a new hole. Did you repair this from inside of the car or wheel well?

Sucks about the Peugeot.
                        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

My man. I feel bad for you. I wish you the best on reparing the e30.

Comment

Originally i just patched the holes with fibreglass from both sides, held up pretty good, later just cut and welded new metal :)

Still waiting for the insurance to cover call me..
                            sigpic

Comment

Stuff's gettin done! :)

Everything got pulled out, they even ended up using the same sills :) Gettin ready for paint now :)

Also some news in a different direction - got some more turbo parts! :)

It's a TF035 of a Subaru Forester 2.0, and will be perfect for the little M42 :)
                              So all in all currently i have these:

Some random intercooler, a 3.5 to 2.5 inch silicone tube for the throttle body and an exhaust manifold which im going to reverse mount to install the turbo :)

Next - some engine management :)
                              And for that, plans are to use ECU Master DET3! :)
                              sigpic

Comment

And more updates! :)

This is the current progress on the chassis:

Everything is gettin ready for paint, so do the doors:

So i've been riding on JOM Coilovers for the last 3 years, they are not bad, and the front ones are still strong, but i would really love some more stiffness in the rear. And this is when these come in:

The brand is Maxspeedingrods, and they are actually made for an E36. Come with a spring and adjuster set for an E36, solid mounts for the shock and are dampening adjustable! You can even adjust the shock height. Neat.

Best part? They were only 120 Eur for the rear setup.

I've installed a full set front and rear of these on a friends E36 - and i love the adjustability and ride quality of these. These will fit perfectly on the E30 :)

And this is not even over! Ordered the Piggyback management (Which is more of a standalone, since it controls fuel and spark) and should have it next week :) ECU Master DET3 for the win - has dual spark channels, just like the M42 is originally, can pick up the boost, control boost solenoid, and can be mapped based of MAP sensor totally eliminating the need for a AFM setup.

Wiill update when i have more stuff to pust :devil:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X