No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1952 Alfa Romeo C52 'Disco Volante'. An automotive version of Lauren Hutton's tooth gap.

I used to own this one...in Matchbox form

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

That is a truly funky design, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
        1952 Alfa Romeo C52 'Disco Volante'. An automotive version of Lauren Hutton's tooth gap.

I used to own this one...in Matchbox form

Caught in Alameda back in October.

The Disco Volonte lead to these. The Bertone BAT cars.

Which lead to this...

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

i remember reading an article several years back about the BAT cars. one of them was a barn find. apparently, the previous owner wasn't so excited about the lack of rear visibility in those cars. the photos of the car before it was restored showed that someone had hacked the wings off with what looked to be a meat cleaver.

P.S.: UPDATES!!!!?????? ;)
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Updates on my car, not really. I've been cleaning aluminum, its slow going. I got the windshield surround trim ready to take to the buffer. That however might be a tricky job. Due to the thin profile of the trim, it is very flimsy, its also large. Somehow I'm going to have to support the back half of the trim while I'm working on the other half. I think I'm going to try and run a loop of twine from the rafters, and try to hang the part of the trim that I'm not working on, but should allow me to slide the trim along as I buff a section. This is going to be a risky job because I can easily screw it up. The rear window has another piece that is similar to the front window. It took me 4 hrs of sanding to get the windshield trim ready to buff. I'd bet it will take me another hour or more on the buffer. Its slow going.

My attempt to buy new trim rings for the gauges turned out to be a failure. Now I'm stuck with a set of aftermarket things that look goofy. I'm out $75 on that. (shit) Still trying to find some new rings so I can get those installed. I really want to get these back in the car.

I still haven't been able to get the headliner installed due to the weather. I really don't want to move the car with no windows and a fresh headliner in the rain.

Its slow going, and due to the weather being less than fantastic, not a lot is happening. I'm collecting parts and trying to get things repainted/refreshed.

Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

I've been working with the alfaholics chassis reinforcement plates. Man what a pain. A whole lot of trimming to get the fitment I wanted.

One side tacked in. Will be stitch welding it in. Along with the engine crossmember, strut mounts etc. Most likely be boxing in the rail section between both chassis plates

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

That's cool! That's a 105?

Saw this in Sports Car Market magazine...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa 6C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	7189880

Comment

Yup you're right. GTV step nose. We also have a GTV Veloce in at the moment as well.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

It was a long but productive day on the Alfa today. I got the windshield surround trim polished and is ready to go back on the car. That was quite possibly the most stressful thing I've done so far on the car. It only caught an edge once, but it did put a big mark in the aluminum. I got it polished down so its not super noticeable, but the fact that it wasn't there when I started is kind of a bummer. I got the door sill plates done, and all of the side stainless trim done.

The next big obstacle will be doing the rear window trim. That is even bigger than the front, and I'm equally worried that I'll screw it up. That will be tomorrow's task.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Nice Milano Verde FS in SF area. Looks really great with euro numbers. I like them better with the wheel arches still on, personally. Nobody I know, I just saw the post on AlfaBB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00R0R_7a4Hn1tQyJn_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	7189885

Comment

Never personally been much for that car. The phone dial wheels are awesome.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The Alfa Thread

There was a classic car show this weekend. The SoCal Alfa club was in attendance

Race car GTVs

Giulia Super

Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wow, some nice ones! That Giulia Spider at the bottom is the exact color of my Duetto. I really like the slightly fatter wheels but still factory looking. Compare those with the 4 1/2" original width wheel on the Blue sedan above it.

Comment

all great

but that SPRINT.....

wow
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

yeah..

Comment

Working...
                                X