Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
    87 325is with euro bumper swap, using late model front valance

Nice looking car. :up: So the late model valance bolts right up with the Euro bumper? Any modifications or anything?
    Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
    The plastic lip was used between the US and Euro cars. From what I've seen, there are a few different styles available but they all look/fit essentially the same. The valance is a bolt on piece - painted sheetmetal like the rest of the car. The Euro bumpers will fit with the US valance but there will be some gaps. The fogs are unique the the Euro vehicles and M3 only. The eS/iS fogs will not work.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info. So M3 fogs will bolt into a Euro valance? Seems like that valance is tough to find.
    Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    My '86 with late front/rear bumpers, and late rear valance. I have more/better pics somewhere...

Nice car. :up: What are the wheel specs? Fenders rolled?
    -Nick
    sigpic
    1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Comment

Euro bumpers with late model valance only works if you drill out the spot welds and cut about and inch and a half off the middle and weld it back together. Then there won't be a gap. I couldn't find a clean/not rusted euro valance so I made the late model valance work. I think the late model valance looks the best anyways!

Originally posted by fiveightandten View Post
      Nice looking car. :up: So the late model valance bolts right up with the Euro bumper? Any modifications or anything?

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. So M3 fogs will bolt into a Euro valance? Seems like that valance is tough to find.
      Nice car. :up: What are the wheel specs? Fenders rolled?

Comment

And then there's this DB5, carry on.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

my '87 with euro bumper swap

[Ijpg[/IMG]

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
            You and me both. Sure, it's an upgrade from diving boards but Euro chromies are really the only way to go.
            No, they're really not the only way to go. Do you have any idea how expensive those are in the states, not to mention how hard it is to find a clean, rust-free set? Besides that, that's not the look everyone is going for. If you like it, great. Doesn't mean it's the standard.

Comment

i like this thread

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

After seeing an early 325es front, I dig the older bumper look. I need to figure something out for my early 318i. Needs more beef.
                Last edited by marshallnoise; 03-07-2014, 07:13 PM.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Honestly if you have an early non-vert just tuck the diving board. I personally like the early models a lot.

Comment

1986 with mtec 2
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

While I like the front early diving board with the es/is apron, there is no way to make the rear diving board look good. My early model is currently in the body shop getting a facelift.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltspeedman View Post
                        I am now a sucker for early model tails. Look at that rear end view. I really like the way smaller tails look with plastic bumpers. Awesome car man
                        +1 to this. Over the years I've come to like the early model tail lights better.
                        1988 325i Vert
                        1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                          You and me both. Sure, it's an upgrade from diving boards but Euro chromies are really the only way to go.
                          I concur
                          My feedback:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                          @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
                            87 325is with euro bumper swap, using late model front valance

Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
                            My '86 with late front/rear bumpers, and late rear valance. I have more/better pics somewhere...

Did you have to cut the front valence or something because I thought early Euro bumpers fit smaller and leave a gap?

Comment

E30 Euro Bumps

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                              Did you have to cut the front valence or something because I thought early Euro bumpers fit smaller and leave a gap?
                              Yes it was explained in the post above

Comment

Quick question.. Would sedan bumpers fit on a 85 coupe ?

Comment

Working...
                                X