No announcement yet.

:) Question about e30tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooh....ow.....wait....was that my outside voice? my bad. carry on......
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I'm not so sure merging it would be the best idea. I do think that it would be a shame if the database of all the posts some day just disappears. It wouldn't be a half bad idea just to set it up as a read only forum, just sitting there archived and free to search.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I really hope it doesn't go down. I've been trying to do some research the last couple of weeks and all the google links for info I need direct me to e30tech.. It will leave a hole in the internet
        Boris - 89 E30 325i
        84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          I agree there is/was a wealth of information on that site that needs to survive somewhere. The Wayback machine is really not dependable enough to archive it. If he could dump the db somewhere, and some of us could take the time to get everything in to a usable/accessible format for publishing or reference would be worth it in the end.

+1

I would hate to loose all this E30 info. I actually have a DIY from E30Tech opened in a tab right now. If I refresh that page it'll be gone. :/

Although I've never been active over there, I have had an account for years, and it's a great source of DIYs and past information.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            i'm sure the admin is a great guy. he just does an exceptionally shitty job running his forum.
            the other moderators and i have been asking for more access/responsibility than we have- which is the ability to manage content, and limited user management (meaning we can ban you or edit your posts and that's about it)- for a long time.

we can't even approve new users, which is what killed the forum- only chris could. and he stopped paying attention. there wasn't really any other likely outcome than forum death.

i have been asking for almost 10 years, and haven't even been able to figure out whether he's refusing to relinquish any more control, or just can't be bothered.

the annoying thing is i'm a site reliability engineer at a financial-tech company... i could fix this stupid little single-server forum easily if i had the access.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

When I signed up way back in 2008, I happily paid my 5 bucks. I then waited and waited.....in time, I sent an email, then perhaps 5 or 6 more over close to a 30 day period. the last one was a threat about a refund and what I was planning to do to recoup my investment.

Finally, almost a month later I get a response saying that I'm approved. What the fucking fuck!!!???? I wonder how many people have paid their "dues" but have never been activated?
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

the annoying thing is i'm a site reliability engineer at a financial-tech company... i could fix this stupid little single-server forum easily if i had the access.
                And that is a real shame... I was never a member, but I found some real gold threads that helped me a lot. It's unfortunate.
                Estoguy
                1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

As a newb to the E30, I found that e30tech had some great tech threads. What a shame if all that info is lost forever. :(
                  - Darrell

2001 BMW M5
                  1990 BMW 325is - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                    we can't even approve new users, which is what killed the forum- only chris could. and he stopped paying attention. there wasn't really any other likely outcome than forum death.
                    ^This. I'm still waiting on my approval after, oh 5 years...

Comment

Chris use to be cool but now he's a douche. Maybe he's super busy and shit but he's still a douche. I have alot of info over there as well as build threads, all gone now.

Plus it's only fun to troll here cause I don't fit in with the new hipster scene going on with E30s, or with the OGs who don't really know anything about cars but just post random bs and pictures to make their post count high.. As if that means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbbe30weee View Post
                        .... or with the OGs who don't really know anything about cars but just post random bs and pictures to make their post count high.. As if that means anything.
                        Is that what we do?

Comment

Oh, here a cool pic.

Comment

<------ post count +1

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              <------ post count +1
                              Good job!!!!

One up post count on me too, yay!!! :thankyou:

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                Oh, here a cool pic.

lol!

i'll see your nickel and raise you a quarter!
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X