• Show
Clear All

...and there's E30's in it.

wait for it..
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I thought it was pretty good. Im not 100% sure that they are going to a totally new style or sticking to the old stuff. It seems like they were expecting people to want that and made a joke out of it
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I loved every second of it. the mockery of the old show, the deaths of the celebrities and the 37mph speeding ticket, were all just amazing.

jeremy clarkson name is now jennifer
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I thought it was pretty good. Im not 100% sure that they are going to a totally new style or sticking to the old stuff. It seems like they were expecting people to want that and made a joke out of it
          Considering the "old stuff" were originally Clarkson's ideas back when the show was reimagined in like 2001, I can see why they kept the format. They're just going to keep doing what they've been doing but better.

However, I'm glad they got rid of the star in a reasonably priced car. I always skip over that part.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I hated the new "Stig" I feel there are a lot better choices out there. Ben Collins is the obvious choice, but if it had to be an American Driver theres a lot of good names out there. I'm actually very interested in how Skinner got the job.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

The audience part looked too forced and overly scripted.
              The Eboladrone looked like a workout.
              And yes, the "driver"...he just seamed out of place.

But everything else was like it use to be. The visual was amazing.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post

The Eboladrone looked like a workout.

And yes, the "driver"...he just seamed out of place.

But everything else was like it use to be. The visual was amazing.

Well they had mike skinner... Anyone familiar with nascar knows that mike skinner is a hard ass.... He's one of those guys where if your pissing him off. He'll punt you and your car into the grand stands for a cold beer with the fans.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yeah, I'm alright with Mike Skinner being the stig, he's definitely faster than any of us.

I thought the lap times were a little odd, I've never seen the P1 end up slowest in any test between those three cars. Also, Chris Harris filmed his P1/LaFerrari/918 video around the same time @ Portimao and went half a second faster in the Ferrari and Porsche, and 2 seconds faster in the P1
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    Yeah, I'm alright with Mike Skinner being the stig, he's definitely faster than any of us.

I thought the lap times were a little odd, I've never seen the P1 end up slowest in any test between those three cars. Also, Chris Harris filmed his P1/LaFerrari/918 video around the same time @ Portimao and went half a second faster in the Ferrari and Porsche, and 2 seconds faster in the P1
                    Chris Harris > Formula 1 washout confirmed. potstir
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post

Remember the end where Clarkson said the p1 was a half second faster BEFORE they switched tires to a neutral compound. I bet they didn't do that in other test.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

No the times I referenced were on the tires The Grand Tour ran. The P1 went like 1.5 seconds faster on the Trofeo R's
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I just hope they call him Jennifer and bulldoze his house
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                            The joke about the Royal Air Force being the best, they didn't need to add so many cuts. A simple before, then after them looking beat up would have worked. Adding so many cuts seemed like filler and trying to force for laughs. That's really my only complaint, but it wasn't really something to complain about.

Rest of it was very good, I can't wait for long challenges and specials like on TG. The specials like Africa, South America, Arctic, etc were always my favs. Really looking forward to the rest of the season. The tripod is back!
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

thought it was solid - I'm stoked they're all back together. James May's continuation of the The Ferrari The Ferrari joke gets me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I just hope they call him Jennifer and bulldoze his house
                                They definitely didn't bulldoze his house ;D
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X