No announcement yet.

From Lemon to LeMans! My LeMans Blau RestoMod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soooo much win...what a beautiful color!!

Comment

Awesome resurrection!! I don't normally like blue on e30s but this dark shade looks great
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

This is great.

The very first photo in the thread makes the new paint look aweful! almost looks like its all chalky, some sort of weird image filter been applied?

Great job on the paint though, lots of effort changing colors. and to do it without taking out the engine and achieving that result is a great effort.

Is that 2 pack paint? did you have an air fed helmet? or are you now going to die 5years earlier?:P I've only ever sprayed acrylic for fear of 2 pack.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
          This is great.

The very first photo in the thread makes the new paint look aweful! almost looks like its all chalky, some sort of weird image filter been applied?

Great job on the paint though, lots of effort changing colors. and to do it without taking out the engine and achieving that result is a great effort.

Is that 2 pack paint? did you have an air fed helmet? or are you now going to die 5years earlier?:P I've only ever sprayed acrylic for fear of 2 pack.
          It's just the lighting and it being wet but yes there is a filter on that one hahaha. Regular 2 stage paint, nothing special. And no such fancy helmet for me, just a good quality respirator with clean filters is all you need.

Comment

Beautiful job on the paint! Not your first time it seems? What's your spray setup like?

It really turned out excellent

Comment

looks great!
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                Beautiful job on the paint! Not your first time it seems? What's your spray setup like?

It really turned out excellent
                First time..unless you count a couple squirts out of a rattlecan as painting a car. My gun is a DeVilbiss FLG-G5 (or SGK), I believe its only available in Europe. I used the 1.4 tip it came with for paint and clear. I also used a lower end gun from Eastwood for the primer, the Concours LT.

Comment

Working...
                X