Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 BMW 325e S50 swap $3300

1985 BMW 325e S50 swap $3300

Note: Car will be available on January 1st 2017 since the title is under my Dad's name and he is currently on deployment.

Reason for sale: I currently got out of the military and start school this coming January. I need a daily driver as of now and have no time to work on the car or spend additional cash on it. Under my ownership car has only been driven 200 miles or less by my Dad and brother around my area to keep it running. Car has no power steering and brakes aren't responsive, but engine is strong. If buying I would suggest to pick it up with a trailer.

For sale is my 1985 Bmw 325e with S50 swap. The car currently has an estimate of 158,000 miles on the engine and 230K+ miles on the Chassis. Still needs some TLC to make it a DD or full track car, 80% complete so far. Also the car has 20-30% rust, mainly on the floor boards. Only 1 accident has been reported which was a minor fender bender. Car Fax and Vin # will be provided to potential buyer. I bought the car from John at R&I motorsports in Atlanta, Ga on Nov 2015. See link for details: https://www.facebook.com/pg/RNImotorsports/photos/?tab=album&album_id=944229978954089
    Price: $6,800 Obo with wheels or $6,300 without wheels.

Trades welcome and will add cash or vice versa: Bmw e30 stock or lightly modded, 98-01 Subaru Wrx 2.5 RS preferably with EJ swap, 04-07 Subaru Wrx STI, 05-07 Evo IX, Nissan Silvia S13 hatch or S14, and maybe E46 M3. No project cars please!

Engine: 1995 S50 and transmission (158,000 + miles)
    V8 MAF
    Head gasket replaced
    Vanos rebuilt using besian
    New water pump, thermostat, aluminum radiator, and alternator
    Turbo manifold
    New fuel tank and 300 lph fuel pump
    UUC Motorwerks exhaust
    Car has A/C, but is only blowing air as of now.

Suspension: Coilovers (unknown brand)
    New control arms, tie rods, fcabs, akg sub and diff bushings
    LSD diff

Tires: CCW rep rims with BF Goodrich 205/45ZR16 tires with 90-95% thread

Interior: New Dash with only 1 small crack above the glovebox area
    Have glovebox, but needs mounts.

Exterior: Glass euro ellipsoid headlights

- All of the above was completed by R&I motorsports in 2015

Cons: - No Power Steering. ( Very difficult to drive due to the wider tires.)
    - Brakes aren't responsive. Calipers may need to be replaced or rebuilt. I'll try to bleed the
    brakes if I have the time to see if it resolves the issue.
    -Car rust mainly on floor boards.
    -Small leak from fuel tank, missing fuel sending unit. ( car was leaking bad before, fabricated
    sheet metal cover to prevent huge spills.)
    -Gauges don't work, might need to be hooked up?
    - Blinkers work, but front indicators need to be wired.
    - Wires need to be reconnected to for a cleaner look and functionality.
    -Key must be inserted on orange circle plastic thing to start car
    -A/C is only blowing air
    -Interior needs to be reupholstered
    - Seat needs to be reupholstered and driver seat can't be adjusted forward.
    -Paint is a 7/10. Has scratches, dings, etc. and hood needs to be repainted or replaced.
    -Front and rear bumper have chips and some cracks
    -Missing a few body trims and window trim
    -Driver door doesn't open on the inside.
    - Sunroof works sometimes.
    -Both windows don't roll down.
    -Shifter is loose. (Needs new bushings)
    -Small crack on windshield
    - Right tail light has crack

Please feel free to ask questions below/ Pm and offer, the worst I can say is no. Thanks for looking.

List Date: 12/5/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1985 BMW 325e S50 swap $3300
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $4,000.00

--------------------------------------

Last edited by McFlySince1985; 12-04-2016, 10:42 PM.

Bump

Comment

you're really going to have to reconsider your price on account for the condition of your car.

Glws

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
        you're really going to have to reconsider your price on account for the condition of your car.

Glws
        I kept going from picture to picture waiting for this to be a good deal, but I'd have to agree. You ought to buy a clean roller, swap the drivetrain over and sell that. Otherwise, it's probably worth little more than the cost of the swap. Of course, you never know, you could find a buyer looking for a decent platform for a beater track rat, or something...

Just trying to be realistic. Either way, GLWS

Comment

I am going to have to echo what the other two have already said. Sorry to thread crap, but maybe our comments will shift your perspective on what it's worth.

Way overpriced for its condition. Just because it has an S50 does not make it worth that much. All the rust, and the tons and tons of missing parts, not to mention the terrible paint. This is a 3-3.5k car.

Again, sorry to be a negative nancy, but a reality check every now and again is usually necessary.

GLWS regardless!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I applaud the man for full disclosure.........with that being said GLWS.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry for the late response, just got back from vacation. I'll admit that I priced it to high, so with that being said price drop to $5000. Need it gone ASAP, will accept trade for guns and cash too. If no offer by end of week, it will be posted on craigslist, EBay, etc.

Comment

Bump for another price drop.

Comment

Bump, final price drop to sell.

Comment

Pm'ed.

Comment

Damn, I let go of my running and driving S50'd '87 325is for $4500. Oh how the market has changed.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Chasen 88 - PM replied

Joe G- Yeah man, I was looking for a S50 E30 a few years ago and could never find one below 6k. Well whoever buys this will have a have fun track car with a little TLC, which was my original intention.

I will try to post a video tomorrow of car running.

Comment

Bump. The hood is now plasti dipped, see car idling video.

Here's some clips:

At R&I motorsports

Car at idle

Comment

Last and final price drop. If no offer and payment by Thursday, car will be traded in for my new car this Saturday. My loss is your gain and I'd rather have this car sold to an enthusiast than the dealership.

Comment

If this was in the Midwest I'd take it off your hands. I don't have time to organize shipping.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X