Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 E30 M Tech ll

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and found this forum researching the E30 on the web.

I have found this car that i am seriously thinking of buying which i want to tune up by turbo charging if possible or installing a E46 M3 engine and updated the suspension. Also would like to add original rims and tires.

Attached are photos of the car, the owner says its a 1992 325i M Tech. He does not want to give out the vin until i see the car in person. Any advise on the car and tunning ideas is greatly appreciated.
    The selling price is $7,500
    Mileage is 140,000 Km
    Attached Files

Whatever he's asking, pay the man DOUBLE!

it's magnificent!

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

It looks like a legit 325i sport that's been imported at some point. The front bumper looks like a replica or has had work done to it. The front valance cover looks legit though as it's a separate piece. It has the early style ICV setup so either they switched the valve and intake boot or the entire engine. Get the VIN and know what you're getting.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The eyebrows are ghey. I hope whatever is on the roof is a wrap and not paint, because that is stupid too. I can't tell if the wheels are 17" oem style 5 or a knockoff. Headlights look like depo?

Look under the car very closely for rust. What I mean is that you need to put it on a lift and stand under it. Find a reputable BMW guy to schedule a pre purchase inspection since you don't sound familiar with these cars. Run a car fax, but it might not tell you much if it was indeed imported. Call bmw with the vin and see if was really an mtech 2 car.

I think it looks like it has potential. There was a lot of stupid kiddie crap done to it which scares me.

Someone not offering the vin would be a huge red flag to me. Perhaps it wasn't registered properly. Perhaps it's stolen. Why the fuck would a seller have a problem with giving that out?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

How is that a '92?
          Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            The eyebrows are ghey. I hope whatever is on the roof is a wrap and not paint, because that is stupid too. I can't tell if the wheels are 17" oem style 5 or a knockoff. Headlights look like depo?

Look under the car very closely for rust. What I mean is that you need to put it on a lift and stand under it. Find a reputable BMW guy to schedule a pre purchase inspection since you don't sound familiar with these cars. Run a car fax, but it might not tell you much if it was indeed imported. Call bmw with the vin and see if was really an mtech 2 car.

I think it looks like it has potential. There was a lot of stupid kiddie crap done to it which scares me.

Someone not offering the vin would be a huge red flag to me. Perhaps it wasn't registered properly. Perhaps it's stolen. Why the fuck would a seller have a problem with giving that out?
            Definitely rep wheels of the STR variety.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
              How is that a '92?
              It's a euro model. Probably made in 91, titled as a MY 92. There are late verts in the US titled as 92-93's. I believe E30 wagons went as late as 94 but never officially came over.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                It's a euro model. Probably made in 91, titled as a MY 92. There are late verts in the US titled as 92-93's. I believe E30 wagons went as late as 94 but never officially came over.

I see. I knew about the verts and tourings, but have never seen a sedan later than '91.
                Derek-

Comment

The South African 325is was produced until '92

Comment

EU sedan and coupe ended in 91, tourings and verts where produced longer because the new cars were not ready for production. Tooling changes and so forth.

Engine of that car is filthy, as a seller you would think they they would try and clean up a turd or a jewel if your asking serious money. What does it cost to travel to your local car wash and power wash the engine bay? say max 10 bucks cost of return means maybe seller won't knock your price down.

Bring to a shop for a PPI pre purchase inspection
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Wait for a better car, that car looks like it has had every ebay special zip tied on.
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is S52
                      1987 325i Vert
                      1991 325i
                      2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Thank you all for your responses they are greatly appreciated.

Comment

///m.....

///M.....

///M.....

///MMM!!!!!

You can tell where their priorities were by the engine bay pics - I'd pass on this one.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hi everyone the seller brought down the sale price to $5K

Comment

I concluded with the buyer at $4,200 to buy if no rust.

Anyone know of a a good E46 M3 motor and tranny for sale.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X