2003 e39 540i/6 M-Sport Sedan 8k TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 e39 540i/6 M-Sport Sedan 8k TX

For sale is a very solid example of a rare true 2003 540i m62tu 6 speed manual M-Sport edition BMW. Titan silver over grey leather sport seats.

Details:

- ~112k miles (111,768 today 1/11/17)

- Dash, Radio, and HVAC pixels in excellent shape. (As in I have not noticed any out)

- Clean car fax Southwest Car (majority of its life in NM) no previous owner records as it was a dealer trade in and they did not keep paperwork on vehicle.

- I've had this car since August of 2016 / (107k mi) but will soon be in something else so this has to go.

- Nice quiet motor. Clutch is strong and transmission shifts great.

- Drives and tracks straight, no wobbles, tires are mismatched brands front to rear but are in good shape. Continental's up front, newish Nexen in the rear (purchased this way)

- Timing guides look good upon inspection during timing case gasket job. No chipping or fragmentation.

- Interior is virtually perfect. VERY, very good condition.

- Recent maintenance and parts in my ownership include. All parts oem or oem equivalent as available.

BMW mud flaps on all 4 corners
    OEM Aux plug upgrade
    New rear trunk shocks
    Coolant flush
    Upper timing cover gaskets both sides
    Valve cover gaskets both sides (all associated rubber washers as well)
    Lower oil pan gasket
    Crank Case Ventilator and gasket
    Throttle body spacer gasket
    Throttle body gasket
    Vanos solenoid gaskets
    E60 545i shift lever
    Passenger rear door vapor barrier fix
    New roundels front and rear.
    X2 oil changes and filters in 5k miles since I've had it
    Passenger side upper timing chain tensioner and crush washer
    Brand new Die Hard Advanced Gold battery
    Manual trans fluid flush with royal purple syncromax
    Bosch platinum wiper blades
    External temperature sensor

I'll update these as I recall them or sort through the receipts. I have receipts for all of the above parts.

- Great AC, Heat and heated leather seats.

- Car was not optioned with fold down rear seats or sunshades.

- Complete oem tool kit.

This car is a very solid daily which I have enjoyed tremendously. It is evident this car has been driven as a daily but taken care of over the years.

I can only think of two issues at present. The front seats adjust only forward and back up and down but do not recline at present or else they will twist slightly. This is very common in the e39 and they could use repair. With that said, they are adjusted perfectly for me and I've never had an issue finding the sweet spot for driving position.

There are also a couple of daily driver cosmetic boo boos that I purchased it with.

Besides a scuff on the rear bumper, and a small ding here and there the only real notable one is pictured. A small crease in the driver's side quarter right above rear bumper where a shopping cart got the car. There is also slight oxidation of the paint on the top of rear bumper and a couple of the cars door handles. (Not on roof, hood, or front bumper whatsoever)

This car will be priced at what I think it's worth but I will consider offers and comments. But keep in mind of this car had a perfect exterior I would be asking 10 or 12k.

It's been a real pleasure to own and work on as one of a dozen or so BMW I have owned but I rarely have any car for long. There is currently a note behind this car so any transaction will be conducted in tandem with my credit union as lien holder.

Car has no ses or cel lights and the torque is very addictive

Questions and comments welcome.

SOLD
    Last edited by PaladinReed; 02-02-2017, 10:04 AM.
    Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Last edited by PaladinReed; 01-19-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Interested but pics not working for me
      1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
      1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
      1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
      1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
      2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
      2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
      2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
      2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Weird. Work just fine for me. I'll try to host them elsewhere and get them working.

In the meantime the car is listen on bfc as well. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X