1986 535i Euro Swapped WTS/WTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 535i Euro Swapped WTS/WTT

Asking Price $4500 for a quick sale. That price is with only the US bumpers. Price with e24 euro bumpers included (not a direct fit onto the e28) is $5500

So, the time has come to move on to a different platform as my family has grown by one little one! I originally picked this car up in Dallas, Texas a year ago and it has been an ongoing project until now. I can honestly say that mechanically this 535i is more than capable of anything anyone wants to throw at it! A little background - I picked up a euro '82 635csi a few years ago as a project and never did anything with it. After I started reworking this e28, I stripped the e24 of all of its goodies to swap over to this car. I pulled and swapped in the entire rear subframe with the 3.07lsd, high compression euro m30b34 which I was told by the PO it had been rebuilt (definitely cam'd as you can tell by the idle video), long tube headers, and Getrag 265/6. This thing PULLS and sounds amazing doing it. It runs great, takes a little time starting on a cold day (no cold start valve), leaves no spots in my driveway, and handles like a dream. Unfortunately, it's not quite what I need out of a family-mobile and newborn hauler.

I'm looking to sell or trade. Cars I will trade straight up for (in order of desire):
    -5spd Bmw m3/4/5
    -Bmw e38 740il
    -Bmw e34's manual only
    -5spd Subaru Forester XT or WRX
    -5spd B5/B6 Audi a4 avant quattro 1.8t
    -5spd Lexus is300
    -5spd Vw mk4 Jetta Gli (1.8t or vr6)
    -6spd Acura TL
    Offer up, worst I can say is no!

Pros
    -full drivetrain swap from my grey market mtech 82 635csi including high compression euro m30b34, getrag 265/6, 3.07lsd
    -brakes off the e24 with 4 piston calipers vs the stock single pistons
    -SS brake lines (all 6 of them)
    -all new steering linkage and fresh alignment done Thursday January 12th.
    -bilsteins and h&r's
    -all new control arms with poly bushings throughout the entire car minus trailing arms which had brand new rubber
    -poly engine mounts
    -poly alternator bushings
    -poly steering coupler
    -new sway bar end links and bushings front and rear
    -drained and resealed diff and added new 75w90 Mobil 1 diff oil
    -long tube headers, unsure of brand but look like bavauto
    -new front and rear main seals
    -completely new cooling system including nissens radiator, overflow bottle, all new hoses and even the hose clamps from FCP Euro
    -all new ac system, every component, including r134a orings except compressor which has an ID tag dating 1999 and already being converted to r134a (has not been charged yet)
    -new clutch master and slave cylinders
    -new heater core (only the defrost is cold, with vents open and blower on it blows cold air, possible heater valve?)
    -new exhaust studs and copper nuts
    -heat shield style exhaust gaskets
    -new intake manifold gaskets
    -b35 intake manifold swapped on and painted
    -bavauto performance plug wires
    -new trunk seal

Cons
    -only decent interior door handle is pass. front, I have 4 NEW ones from Uro Parts, will try to install before sale
    -headliner has a few holes, looks like the corner of something poked into it, mainly on the C pillar
    -NO EBRAKE, lines were removed from the car when I swapped the rear end and the e24 rear end didn't have any of the shoes or adjusters anyways. I just park it in 1st gear and don't have any issue with it.
    -dash has numerous cracks, some genius filled half of them with black rtv
    -sound deadening and insulation underneath the carpet has been removed and carpet has definitely seen better days, I'd personally change it when a good set pops up
    -door weatherstripping and window guides and channels need replaced (priced at $306 for everything from http://www.getbmwparts.com)
    -window motors are slow, sunroof pops up with some assistance but does not roll back (does NOT leak water)
    -tailpipe needs a hanger welded in, should run $20 at any shop (I'll have this done before the sale of the car)
    -headlights only come on when brights are selected full-time, driver side high beam does not come on. I was going to put euro Hella Darks on the car at some point so it hasn't bothered me
    -Needs both door mirrors replaced, drove through a gravel lot attached to a gas station and both glass portions popped out
    **CAR DOES NOT COME WITH STYLE 42S**
    I have some one piece staggered bbs's 16x7.5/8.5 with brand new Continental tires 0 miles on them. The rears fit fine on bimmerworld studs, the fronts don't. I'm guessing they're corvette (5x120.7) wheels and are slightly off from 5x120. I do have 15s the car can move on but I would seriously consider putting new wheels on asap. My plan was to run 16x10 0et diamond racing steelies with the new Continentals and a 5mm spacer up front to clear the strut tubes.

This car is a driver. It's not perfect, and it could use some more updates, but mechanically it is beyond solid. It tracks straight, rides nice and firm, runs like a scalded ape, and has never left me stranded. For someone who can see past the cosmetic imperfections, this would be an amazing daily driving project!

Video with open headers

Bump!

Comment

Working...
    X