X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The autocheck confirms the miles.

As for the rest of your comments, see this post:

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    the pics of the wiring harness make me wanna cry.. I would never, in a million years, figure out wtf to do with all of that!

Amazing thread though, cannot wait to see the finished product :D
    Not as hard as you think. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
      The autocheck confirms the miles.

As for the rest of your comments, see this post:

Thats awesome! What kind of warranty did they give you? My engine came from a 1995 m3 with carfaxed confirmed 97k and when I tore her down, everything was spotless and clean as a whistle. But upon close inspection, I found a horizontal gouge in cylinder 3. I was hoping to have my swap done before summer, but now its on the back burner. Anyways, good luck with your build.:p

Comment

3 Months they cover any faults.

Helped my dad build a fence so it stayed like this a few more days:

Starting soldiering stuff onto the new harness on Sunday. When I soldiered the window breaker switch wires together I decided it time to go to bed.

Today I wanted to soda blast the remaining stuff so I can start reassembly. And did so. All the remaining bolts, oil pan, and timing case.

Oil pan before:

After:

Timing case after. (No "real" before pic just no more grim and stains)

New work light allowed me to continue past dark. :)

Vanos solenoid blasted twice, 1 failed paint attempt, and started fresh with a coat of etching primer.

Then a high performance enamel like the other black metal pieces. *still drying in picture

Blasted the engine hoist bracket I got from the yard as I was missing mine. :(

Finish line I can see you. :)

Comment

Wow! Nice job! keep it up
          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Dang man..that soda blaster does some nice work....i think i'm sold on gettin one of those now....:)
            1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
            sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
            The Build...

Comment

The best thing I have bought for this project.

Comment

Solid work!

Subscribed to see the rollback video...

Comment

I had no idea many people from out of state purchased parts from Autobahn, couple of my buddies work there.

Looks like a nice build though, can't wait to see the finished product!
                  Originally posted by audiquattrot
                  bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                  1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                  2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                  1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                  2006 CBR600RR

Comment

One of the guys who works there, Joe, PM'd me a while back when I was looking for parts. Good guys to deal with, even when the tranny showed up damaged. The parts were surprisingly clean as well!

I'll do a big update when I'm done with the wiring. So far I'm adding this to the harness:

Euro side markers that stay lit and blink

One button control that puts all of the windows down or up at once. -Still need the cabrio electric top up and down switch tho.

16 guage wiring for a future audio install

Foot well lighting like in my other E30

Extra trunk lighting

Rear fog light

Switched/constant positive and neg leads in the center console, glovebox, and under the dash for future accessory installs if necessary.

Hardwired radar power supply

And some other things I'm sure I'll come up with.

For now though, I have a mini update.

I took the engine off of the stand so I could get started on the rear, but did some other things first.

Close up of the painted brackets, so purty. :)

Installed the vanos oil solenoid.

New hardware for the trigger sensor:

The junkyard hoist bracket installed with new hardware:

Next I wanted to prime the valve cover for paint, at the time I hadn't decided on a color just yet.

Taped up:

Finished product:

And for shits and giggles, My LCI M-tech 335i E90 and my M-Tech II E30. :)

Comment

your e90? lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Good looking build you have going on here sir. I approve! :)

Comment

So I'm borrowing this for a few days, been bro-ing so hard....

Pulled the cabrio out of this garage for the last time. (that house has been sold)

Rented a U-Haul and loaded it up.

Vacuumed out all of the loose harness wrapping.

And took it to the car wash to wash the bay and the body. It hasn't had one in at least 3 years.

Dropping it off tomorrow to get the bay painted. :)

Comment

Dropped off at the paint shop. :)

Comment

So I haven't done too much lately. Been busy with getting the M42 out of the M-tec. But it's not like there's much more to do.

Got that out and realized I need more room.....

Moved on to 21.5# injectors installed. They still need to be rebuilt, but I'm going to run them in their current state for awhile till all of the possible crap is out of the fuel system and engine.

New fuel line with BMW clamps

The whole intake unit

Put in a new OEM E34 M50 spider hose. It's slightly different
                              then the S50's.

New clamps as well

Used a random coolant hose for the now deleted throttle body heater valve. It will now connect to the left side of the throttle body and coolant will come out the left side to the spider hose.

Smeared JB Weld on the imperfections on the valve cover.

Sanded, high temp primered, sanded, high temp primered, and finished off with a high performance, high gloss enamel. More on this later. Also installed the engine harness at this point.

Hooked up an old stereo to some crappy speakers out of the old E34 parts car, even has an auxiliary in for my iPod. :)

Next up was the 323i flywheel and Spec stage 2 clutch. Had to clean the anticorrosion crap off of the fly first tho. That stuff is thick and sticky.

All cleaned up

New fly bolts

Installed the wrong bearing. -_-

Left is the e30 (12mm) , right is the M/S5X (15mm). You want the E30 one if you're using the E30 transmission.

Any who got the fly on.

And test fitted the clutch

The replacement tranny came in today, upside down, on it's side....

But no damage this time around, so it's okay!

Comment

Here's another mini update

I had done this back on the 23rd, but never downloaded it off of my phone.

Rear crank housing and rear crank seal.

When I first started pulling apart the engine, this was one of the first things I noticed, how badly it was leaking.

Housing popped off

You can see where it was leaking from behind

Old seal out

New stuff

New seal installed

New gasket

Everything buttoned up

I had also test fitted the fly at the time, you can see the advantage of the 323i flywheel, it clears everything with no shaving required.

Also replaced the o-ring for the fuel pressure regulator at that time as well.

Alright today's accomplishments

Output flange off

Tried to drain the fluid, but was already done. Note the magnetic plug.

Moved on to the bell housing, the best I can tell the seals were replaced. So we shall see. I'm still going to replace the rear and shifter seal since they are easy to replace.

Installed the new hardware

New pivot arm and spring

Vin of the donor car, I'll be running a carfax to see if I can get a clue on the mileage.

SS Clutch line and new slave

Cap put on to keep crap out for the time being

Lifted the S50 up and put it on a dolly to help with the trans fitting tomorrow

Rearranged the engines since the cabrio will be ready tomorrow and I can't leave it outside. :)

Moved on to popping out the S50 pilot bearing to install the E30 pilot bearing. I used wet newspaper, the clutch tool, and a heavy hammer.

Tada!

The remains

S50 left, E30 right

Drove in the right bearing with a 7/8" impact socket, it's a perfect fit

End result

Comment

Working...
                                X