What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    damn. Lots of flack from everyone so far. Im interested to see how it pans out but as someone mentioned above a specific moderator for each for sale section could potentially work. Myself and many others are active on the site everyday for several hours. For those who have the time and are willing I think it would be a good gesture to offer services to R3v by way of moderation. I know I wouldn't mind keeping a specific section in order. I already remove enough spam as it is...
    I think we're only worried since we really like this forum and don't want it to die from something as trivial as a sales mechanism. I would say that if the moderators are overworked they should reach out to people and ask for more mods to a point, as too many is another great way to kill a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      I think if it works for the largest BMW forum in the world, it will probably end up working okay for us.

It's hypocritical to make the argument that it would be okay to charge a membership fee to participate on this forum, but refuse to let a third party handle the transaction to do so. By advertising through Panjo you actually do contribute funds to the forum, which is more than we can say for 99.98% of everyone who visits here.
      It doesn't work and BFC has reduced the amount of stuff for sale. Speak with Kevlar...panjo sucks..he jumped in bed to early...hard to get out..

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        I think we're only worried since we really like this forum and don't want it to die from something as trivial as a sales mechanism. I would say that if the moderators are overworked they should reach out to people and ask for more mods to a point, as too many is another great way to kill a forum.

True. The other issue is policing transactions. Increasing mod count does not fix the issue of disputes. The banjo is suppose to handle this? If most here are rejecting or will reject it won't we be in the same boat if payal is still the primary use of goods transfer?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Actually panjo makes it easier for scammers to look more legit. They don't do shit if you get scammed, been there and that's why I left Bf for good. I bet you could raise the $600 and even more if you run a quick fundraiser here and do so every year, heck you can even run it until you get to the amount you so feel entitled to keep the site running. The real people who are passionate and really care for this site and it's harmony will chip in right away.

Comment

Originally posted by IDM View Post
            Actually panjo makes it easier for scammers to look more legit. They don't do shit if you get scammed, been there and that's why I left Bf for good. I bet you could raise the $600 and even more if you run a quick fundraiser here and do so every year, heck you can even run it until you get to the amount you so feel entitled to keep the site running. The real people who are passionate and really care for this site and it's harmony will chip in right away.

I have heard of the scammers getting really clever aswell. I wont be using panjo, and if I need to buy a part, will try to buy locally or new. Will also just sell my stuff locally. Im not a fan, but it looks like its here to stay regardless.

Id be more then happy to chip in towards r3v, i thought we did that in the past when James had to spend like 3000$ on parts or whatever for the servers and whatnot.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by IDM View Post
              I bet you could raise the $600 and even more if you run a quick fundraiser here and do so every year, heck you can even run it until you get to the amount you so feel entitled to keep the site running. The real people who are passionate and really care for this site and it's harmony will chip in right away.
              $600 was the deficit James paid out of pocket for the picnic. I don't know the yearly cost to keep the forum going, but I'd be willing to bet it's a lot more than that.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                Took me all of three minutes to register with panjo and make an ad
                Right.

Goddamn, people hate change, haha.

Thanks James and mods for the experience we get. R3v is awesome and it wouldn't be awesome without their guidance. Just look at e30tech.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Bought and sold a lot of parts on this forum and others for well over a decade, and never yet thought to cry to a moderator over a transaction gone awry. Parties included in a transaction are the buyer, seller, and whatever payment method and recourse available through such (PayPal dispute system, credit card dispute/charge back, etc.).

Kudos to moderators, but I would not take such a hands on concern at people's personal problems. Seems to me 90% of the time when people get had in a transaction, it is by their own doing.

As for Panjo, won't say I will not use it, but I will have even less of an inclination to buy or sell parts through it if nothing more then just another middle man system to sign up for and give out my credentials. More to that point, I would have less confidence in a dispute with a seller or buyer through Panjo. Rare if ever do I sell much these days, so it does not have a huge impact to me. I will just continue to sell stuff local, and if I do want to buy, hopefully the seller will accept PayPal.

Comment

I don't like change...

Sent from the woods of Maine.
                    sigpic
                    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
                      I don't like change...

Sent from the woods of Maine.

Swanny!
                      SUCKERS.

Comment

I like how audizine has it set up. You can choose to use shitty old panjo or the basic way (just post a thread and thats all). Most of the forsale threads over there are the basic way because no one likes panjo.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA View Post
                          I like how audizine has it set up. You can choose to use shitty old panjo or the basic way (just post a thread and thats all). Most of the forsale threads over there are the basic way because no one likes panjo.
                          Exactly. If they aren't a prefect example of how a large forum adapts to Panjo then I don't know what is. To make the exact same mistakes as other larger forums and think that the result will be different is just foolish. Anthony (the owner) is a money hungry dbag and he still switched the classifieds back to normal.
                          Originally posted by Sonny
                          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I HATE Panjo.

I sold things through BF link and they STILL charged me 9% fee. Bullshit
                            My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

I am okay with panjo. I was able to set up an account last night even after having a few. It was slightly annoying forgetting my password this morning but I dealt with it because I'm not a little bitch.

I intend to continue using paypal invoices to avoid linking my credit card. I would like there to be some sort of r3v donation paypal I can send money to once in a while. Maybe remind me to do it every so often?

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Never thought I would see the day R3v switched to that shitty panjo.
                                Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Working...
                                X