Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i lol'd at this thread while sitting in my e30, in my driveway rewriting my ms fuel map cause the weather is hot and im too lazy to figure out why the damn wideband won't read correctly, therefore no trimming using o2 correction.

I did drive earlier on the freeway to test the map i edited for this morning, seems at 13-14 psi the clutch slipping is really apparent, and makes a moaning noise. at 15 psi, the e30 pings even at afr's of 11.5 +-0.5...time to setup spark for retardation?

freeze 12 put in....holy shit this stuff works compared to what shit wasn't in there before....it would be 85 degrees in my garage and the air would cool to about 80-81 degrees....now its hitting somewhere in the 50-52 degree range with 95-100 degree ambient temps. freeze 12 isn't bad, but now to wait and see where the leaks are. hopefully this would last for awhile.

Read the owner's manual a week and half ago and found out that the 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water really cleans windows (especially inside) very very well. beats windex, foamy cleaners and basically everything else. not one streak left on the windows. --------- Found out today that it has an expiration date, cause it doesnt seem to clean so well, so i made a new batch and added a little of that pink adam's stuff they gave out at bimmerfest to mask the vinegar smell.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

today--Short Ram Intake

yesterday-- basketweave tires

week ago--walbro 255 pump

Comment

drove it to work. Noticed that I only had 16 miles on my trip meter, and I filled up on monday. Gosh, I need to get my E28 going....
        Slicktop City!

Comment

I actually considered taking a knife to the soft top. I do have a replacement but didnt want to replace it yet.

Its the first day of class, i locked my car keys in my house, and my house keys in my car. i couldnt get into any house windows, and the e30 was sealed tight.

I ended up using pliers to pull a part of the corner convertible flap off its holder, it was already ripping anyways and comes off easy. this allowed a full arm insertion in which i insterted my found tool made of duct tape, a bent hook made from a nut, washer and all-thread, and a broom stick.

worked nicely and managed to make it into class only 15 minutes late.

Good thing i didnt cut my e30 open.

Comment

Redlined it.
            Shifted.
            Redlined.
            Shifted.

Smiled.
            Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
              Redlined it.
              Shifted.
              Redlined.
              Shifted.

Smiled.
              Bet it sounded like a bucket of spanners, Clanger :p

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                Redlined it.
                Shifted.
                Redlined.
                Shifted.

Smiled.
                That's me everyday. oh and the two left turns on the way home? Sideways if possible...
                Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                  Bet it sounded like a bucket of spanners, Clanger :p
                  I have the most exclusively built NOS OE BMW 2.3L S14 on the planet. A bucket of spanners is not a reasonable deduction on how this thing sounds.

The Filharmonic orchestra has asked me to bring the car by so they may tune their musical instruments to the beauty that is my S14.

I will be adding a "bass" section this weekend in the form of a full Header Back exhaust system.

Best,
                  Chris
                  Below the radar...

Comment

$8,000 IS NOT A REASONABLE ESTIMATE OF THAT ENGINE REBUILD. :hitler:

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
                      haha. I will when I personaly see someone else rockin' them.
                      I will rock them on mine so you get rid of them. Anyone else in on this? ;)

I can't wait to see how this turns out. Going all body color? Painting yourself?

BTW - Sorry about not getting a chance to get together to work on your car. I have been uber busy, but once I get back from India in a month we can find a Sunday.
                      sigpic

Comment

Drove it to work today, so it'll be sitting in a parking garage for the next 8 hours. I parked it in front of a late model Dodge Ram truck & next to an 07 Mercedes S550.

Comment

I enjoy this one long sweeping turn on the GW Parkway every morning on my way to work. Everyone in front of my usually stays in the left lane while I switch over to the right lane and drop the gas pedal to the floor. 100, 105, 110... my grin grows wider as the speedometer needle crawls south. The car corners so flat, I hardly feel the turn.
                          Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

I'm going to replace the front shocks and change the PS fluid in the 'vert as soon as I get home from work. Then if I have time, I will start tearing into the dash on the 325is

Comment

Had the fiberglass and 1 baffle removed from my muffler... the beast was just TOOOOO loud straight-piped (anyone that heard it at Bimmerfest can attest), and it was a smidgeon too quiet (restrictive?) with the E36/8 muffler that I'm using. should be finished and mounted tomorrow, will keep posted.
                              Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                              That Guy.
                              03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Removed the splitter from the lip, put the bumpers back on so I could
                                legaly drive to work to paint the valances.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X