X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got them in my Z3
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      Got them in my Z3

Oh nice! I only ask cause I wanted to find someone who's put them in an e30 already to provide some guidance.

Gonna swap out my tranny fluid today again. Not a huge fan of royal purps.

Comment

I THINK flyboyx has them in his. I remember talking to him about Z3 seats at one point.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          I THINK flyboyx has them in his. I remember talking to him about Z3 seats at one point.

Thank you so much for the direction on this. I should be buying his brackets shortly.

Comment

My 1988 e30 325ix - Manual

I finally got a little barbed t-shaped coupler for completing my windshield washer fluid issue. It looks much cleaner than it did before, that's for sure.

Here is just a quick comparison.

80s Porsche hose and a 6mm brass coupler.

Comment

isn't the original T also a check valve?
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                isn't the original T also a check valve?

I wondered the same thing, but as far as I can tell it didn't change anything going with the t vs the oem t

Comment

The car was doing so well for a long time. Then recently I've been battling thing after thing it seems.

It all started (or never really ended) with a crazy idle that was generally too high after having driven for a little bit. I replaced everything I could think of in relation.

The TPS was replaced, and that made a great difference in drivability. Replaced the throttle body gasket, hoses under the throttle body. Cleaned the c101, cleaned every other connection I could find as well.

Then one night, I was driving home and my idle started to stay around 2k. "This isn't right." I thought. Tried to resolve the issue, but to no luck. Then I started to think that maybe it was the AFM...

Eventually I realized that it was the AFM. Opened it, cleaned it, changed the contacts to sit maybe a mm different from where they had slowly created a groove on the resistor strip inside the AFM. When I started the car up after that the car started smoother and idled right where it was supposed to.

This was a victory for me after so long dealing with it. Drove it the next morning, started up smooth and all ran right till I made it about a block and had to idle again. Car idled at 2k again.

Now I'm thinking it's def the AFM. As I'm driving the car one night I heard a really weird sound that sounded like metal on metal...

My electric fan I had installed earlier this year fell and smashed into the water pump pulley! The shitty ziptie-like mounts I got that push through the radiator broke clean off and the fan was destroyed.

Originally I thought it was just the fan and was relieved. After taking it all apart again, seems it wasn't that easy.

If you look close you can see one of the bolts backed out of the water pump pulley when destroying the electric fan. That seemed alright at the time, so I replaced the bolt.

After relaxing that bolt and letting the car run for a min I thought all was fine till I realized another bolt broke clean off on the pulley.

I'm going to have to take off the pulley to get the broken bolt out, but probably won't feel safe again till I replace the water pump itself... sigh... it's fucking cold outside.

In other good news, I did get a new fan and make a much better mounting system for it out of exhaust hangers I found at the store.

I also got a pretty damn cool Christmas present from the lady wife.

Hopefully tonight or this weekend and can get the car driving again. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hope you can fix your idle. I'm trying to track down the same idling issues. I think mine sits at around 1800 when warned up. I have yet to replace the tps or clean the afm.

Love the model!
                    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                      Hope you can fix your idle. I'm trying to track down the same idling issues. I think mine sits at around 1800 when warned up. I have yet to replace the tps or clean the afm.

Love the model!

I'm thinking all just do the Miller MAF conversion. I'm done just doing maintenance all the time, I want upgrades.

I don't know if I want to remove the model from the packaging. It's from 1986 and hasn't even made it out of the cellophane.

Best of luck with your idle as well. Seems we all are dealing with it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        I'm thinking all just do the Miller MAF conversion. I'm done just doing maintenance all the time, I want upgrades.

I don't know if I want to remove the model from the packaging. It's from 1986 and hasn't even made it out of the cellophane.

Best of luck with your idle as well. Seems we all are dealing with it sometimes.
                        I'm thinking of getting a megasquirt for future upgrades. Thought of getting the Miller maf but I've heard it is quite primitive tuning.

Holy crap that's an old model. I would definitely just keep it in the package!!!
                        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

I got everything back together last night. Fan is so much more solid and makes me much more comfortable knowing it's so secure.

I replaced all the bolts on the waterpump pulley with new 10.9 M6 bolts.

Today though, as I was driving the car into work it occurred to me that when I installed my TPS I was worried about whether or not it was in there correctly. The more i thought about this the more i am thinking that i probably installed it juuuust past the "click" thus making the computer think it's at partial throttle. it probably needs to be shifted back a little bit so the "click" happens after open throttle... If it's not that, I have an o2 sensor in the mail that I will replace to eliminate any question about that.

I also ordered a Condor Speed IX transmission mount. They are on back order i guess so who knows when that will be shipped out.

Comment

Pulled my throttle body off last night and correctly installed the TPS. It was what i figured. It had been installed "post click" so the computer was always receiving a partially opened throttle signal. Redid it, put it all back together and what do you know, it worked and idles fine now.

Car was a blast to drive today. It's amazing when the e30 drives like it should.

I guess I will be replacing the O2 sensor though since I ordered it. Might as well so I can reference when it was replaced vs not knowing.

Comment

Last night I attempted to replace my O2 sensor. Got the wrench in there right after driving and hit it with PB Blasta. That didn't do the job. I then got out my heat gun and let it sit for about 5 min on high and tried it again. Nothing. That O2 sensor wasn't going anywhere with the tools do had. So I finally for the first time since owning the car, took the car to a shop for this project.

Here is how I left the O2.

Pulling the old guy into the work bay.

After a lot of heat, they were successful in getting the sensor out!

This was supposed to take me like 10 min, but evolved like working on cars does... now it's taken off the list of maintenance and I should have to worry about it for some time now.

Comment

Yeah, not surprised. The only way I got my o2 sensor out was putting it on my neighbor's lift. I had struggled for months to get it out and I broke several tools. But on a lift, with plenty of access to the bottom, a 24" pipe wrench plus a 48" pipe over the handle and a few minutes of struggling and it finally creaked free. It's amazing how seized they get.

I'm glad you got yours out. Now just to be sure, remove it once a year and reapply anti-seize.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X