Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronzit Beige Metallic S52 Swap. need some help. obd2 only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

less than ideal and will do some weird stuff with intake velocity post MAF but should be good temporarily.... A new E36 intake boot is like 25$ though?

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

@328ijunkie
      it is temporary. trying to finish this up on a budget. i got the motor running a few days ago and it sounds good. but i need to have a midsection made. might go from obd2 headers to 3.5 single pipe mid section with resonator, 200 cell cat to e30 oem muffler.

my revshift guibo came in the other day and i tried to install it today. myzf trans flange seems like it blocks the ds bolts from sitting flush. is this common?

Comment

Yes Revshift guibo doesnt P&P because they designed it on the wrong trans flange.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          Yes Revshift guibo doesnt P&P because they designed it on the wrong trans flange.
          That and iirc there were some threads a while back about them failing prematurely. Why not oem guibo? I just replaced mine febi $40

Also +1 on the throttle boot... oem replacement is cheap. I'm sure someone has a spare kicking around they'd give to you. I'll check my pile, might have one if you want.
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

^That would be much appreciated sir. Thank you.

well I got the car running the other day. I have the video but I need to edit my face, I'll post a vid soon.
            I also Shaved down the flange where it was necessary and got the guibo on. Yea I shouldve gone oem, but I'm getting a bit anxious to finish this project up. it's damn near close too.
            Came up on some Draft Design adapters, now I can use my style 5s. almost done guys. Thanks for all the feed back so far.

Comment

Originally posted by CENTURION View Post
              ^That would be much appreciated sir. Thank you.

well I got the car running the other day. I have the video but I need to edit my face, I'll post a vid soon.
              I also Shaved down the flange where it was necessary and got the guibo on. Yea I shouldve gone oem, but I'm getting a bit anxious to finish this project up. it's damn near close too.
              Came up on some Draft Design adapters, now I can use my style 5s. almost done guys. Thanks for all the feed back so far.
              Forgot to look last night... got distracted by an oil pan. I'll look tonight.

Glad to hear you got it running!
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Here is the Revshift guibo installed. I haven't test drove it yet. stay tuned.
                In the second photo I tried to show the location on the output flange, where I grinded down. I forgot to take photos before install, so my bad. but here it is.

Comment

While searching for something else here, I found your thread- how did that revshift guibo work out? I've been hearing a ton of negative press about it.
                  555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                  '95 BMW e34 525i
                  '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
                  '92 Range Rover Classic
                  '90 Range Rover Classic
                  '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
                  '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
                  '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
                  '67 Pontiac LeMans
                  '24 Model T Depot Hack
                  ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Working...
                  X