Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with wiring

Hello BMW community,
    I have a very irritating set of problems that have been bestowed upon me after I decided to do a 24valve swap in my e30.
    Originally I had completed this swap using a wiring harness and tune from kassel performance. As soon as I got the car running it was throwing fault codes for air intake sensor as well as the camshaft position sensor. So I went ahead and replaced those two individual components and the fault codes continued to pop up. So my next assumption was that there could be an issue with the tune. So I bought one from trm and plugged it in to get the same codes with an additional 2 one for the mass airflow sensor and one for the Vanos solenoid. So after checking to make sure everything was plugged in I decided it had to be a wiring issue. So I bought a used oem wiring harness from someone in the community and installed it. Now my car won't start and I am still getting the codes. For the Vanos solenoid and the cam position sensor. Although the two codes for the mass airflow sensor and the intake air sensor have disappeared the two for the Vanos and campos are persistent. I have checked the wiring and played with where the Vanos solenoid can plug into but can't seem to make it work. As for the cps it is a proprietary connector and I can only assume it may have been fouled by the prior harness.

Any input would be appreciated.

Additional info: I used a plug and play adapter from garagistic to install the oem m52b28 wiring harness

Comment

Try a different DME. Seems like a lot of these weird issues are DME related.

Comment

Working...
      X