Holly Hydramat - Anti-Fuel Starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holly Hydramat - Anti-Fuel Starvation

Has anyone tried rigging one of these up yet? I contacted Holly about how they could be adapted to a fuel pump from our cars and they were a little dead-ended as far as what fittings would be needed.

This would be a super slick fix for fuel starvation.
    The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

A religious tampon for your gas tank?

That's... made... coffee... come... out... of ... my... nose.

Hmmm. The 2- tank setup in the E30 would probably defeat that. But it's kind of a cool idea... if it works.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I've never seen one in person, but I've seen a demonstration video and it was very impressive. Pretty cool idea.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        A religious tampon for your gas tank?

That's... made... coffee... come... out... of ... my... nose.

Hmmm. The 2- tank setup in the E30 would probably defeat that. But it's kind of a cool idea... if it works.

t
        In my 318 it's a single pump setup, hence why I'm looking at options like this. Seems super straight forward too if it works.

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        I've never seen one in person, but I've seen a demonstration video and it was very impressive. Pretty cool idea.
        Same here. I've seen a ton of videos on it, I just want it to work!

Comment

So do it!

Then post pix and a tell- all!

The biggest problem I see is the can- there is a 'make up' can at the bottom of the tank, and the return feeds into it.
          With this, you'l have to hack the can out of there- and it's bigger than the fuel fill hole.

t
          Last edited by TobyB; 01-20-2016, 07:40 PM.
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I talked with them at SEMA, they are working on adapters for standard in-tank pumps but they are not yet available (they will likely be released when their complete "kits" are offered).

As Toby mentioned, might not be the greatest for e30 tanks, but it would be helpful in 2002 tanks (running injection).

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
              I talked with them at SEMA, they are working on adapters for standard in-tank pumps but they are not yet available (they will likely be released when their complete "kits" are offered).

As Toby mentioned, might not be the greatest for e30 tanks, but it would be helpful in 2002 tanks (running injection).

Gahh... well progress is better than nothing.

That looks like a sweet setup. Looking at an old pump I had pulled out it would definitely take some finangling to get it to work.

Comment

So happy to find this!

Even if you cant totally cover the "Hump" there should be enough fuel sloshing around on the main pump side to keep pressure. Man I wish they would come up with an E30 adapter for the the fuel pick up. This is a MUST have for DE's or endurance racing.

Comment

Looking into this as well.
                  I have an E30 / S50 and 1/4 tank in the corners is not good.
                  A bit of a pause in acceleration.
                  1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
                  2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
                  2008 Scion xB Lowered
                  2001 BMW 325i
                  1995 BMW 318ti
                  1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
                  1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

Doesn't the fuel pump and tampon thing sit in a little recessed cup inside the gas tank? That looks like it's too big to fit. I may be wrong.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yeah, in the early tank at least, there's a cup at the bottom of the pickup...
                      ...one of these days, I was going to try to turn THAT into a makeup tank...

t

Comment

Late tanks (1991 318is at least) have the cup, too. I start fuel starving below a half tank with sticky tires, and with the turbo, that means I need to fill up every ~40 minutes or so of track time.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Yeah late 63L tanks definitely have the cup too
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                          X