Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between US grills and Euro grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    no they don't. I experience a set myself personally. The lense on the H4's protrude out compared to sealed beams and ellips. The clearance is really tight even if you sand down the grills and ultimately, the heat from the beams will melt it.

I ended up selling my euro grills a day after receiving it.
    Actually, this is false. I installed a set of euro grilles with my H1's and H4's and had no clearance issues and have driven numerous times with the lights on (including highs) and have no warping or melting at all.

Comment

We have not heard of any such issue after having sold 100's of the Euro Grills, many to owners that have H1's and H4's.
      Mel Abrahams
      Abrahams Motorsport
      www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
      E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
      PayPal to:
      order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
      If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
      Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
      Phone:727-992-0288
      Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
        We have not heard of any such issue after having sold 100's of the Euro Grills, many to owners that have H1's and H4's.
        I"m really happy with my grilles Mel. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
          Actually, this is false. I installed a set of euro grilles with my H1's and H4's and had no clearance issues and have driven numerous times with the lights on (including highs) and have no warping or melting at all.
          perhaps my headlight frames were misaligned or my grills were from a bad batch. can you take some pics? I would love these grills on my car but when I put them on my car, everyone on norcale30 said the top part of the grills were pushed out by the rim of the hella lights (the portion that protrudes out).

Comment

Were yours real BMW or the cheap chinese copies? The copies are crap.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
              perhaps my headlight frames were misaligned or my grills were from a bad batch. can you take some pics? I would love these grills on my car but when I put them on my car, everyone on norcale30 said the top part of the grills were pushed out by the rim of the hella lights (the portion that protrudes out).

something was obviously wrong here, H1/H4 lights are euro, so they came with euro grills, just the earlier style had a hole in the top to change the stand/parking light.

Comment

I bought mine from mel so i believe they are oem. The e30 owner (supereta88) had better success fitting it over his elips smileys since the lense is flat and doesnt make contact on the glassd whatsoever. We both notice that the part that is normally cut off (on the us grills) would rest on the lense on my h4.

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Comment

Mel's are definitely not OEM....
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have smoked Hellas and BMW euro grills and no problems, there must be some aftermarket parts or damage involved for you to have problems.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

We import them from Italy, they are made by an OE parts manufacturer.
                      We have sold hundreds of sets over the past 10 years, many to owners of all types of headlights, with no fitment issues.
                      By the way, the OE BMW grills are made by an outside source for BMW.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      Mel's are definitely not OEM....
                      Mel Abrahams
                      Abrahams Motorsport
                      www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      PayPal to:
                      order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
                      Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
                      Phone:727-992-0288
                      Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

I had real bmw grilles with sealed beams, no problems. I think your lights are adjusted so they stick too far out. Also, the replicas are cheap and flimsy in comparison to the real ones...
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                        X